Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Z-Wave Plugin from 190 to 243 Broke Schlage "Locked by Schlage Button" status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Z-Wave Plugin from 190 to 243 Broke Schlage "Locked by Schlage Button" status

Upgraded Z-Wave plugin from .190 to .243 and now it's no longer detecting status value 5 "Locked by Schlage Button". Instead it's reporting status value 1 "Manual Lock Operation" when locking by pressing the Schlage Button.

Interface is Z-Troller, Tried multiple BE469 Schlage Locks. Rolling back to .190 restored functionality.
    Last edited by Mr_Resistor; October 27, 2018, 11:21 AM.
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Mr_Resistor-

tl;dr - .242 also gets Schlage functionality back.

I had the same problem as you with my Schlage deadbolts. I tried rolling back to .190 and ended up crashed my Zee S2. I was able to get everything back up and running, but off a year-old-image. I had to update to the .243 release. However, the current advertised beta is .242. I looked at the release notes thread and this is the change from .242 (Release) to .243 (Release):

-------------------------------------------------------

Changed in version 3.0.1.243 (Release)

* Fixed Kwikset 888 locks now report proper notifications for manual lock/unlock

-------------------------------------------------------

I loaded the beta plugin (3.0.0.242) and restored Schlage button functionality. Looks like they broke Schlage when they fixed Kwikset.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I'm on Windoze so testing/rollback is easy. I might give .242 a swing, but would prefer a release version on something as key as Z-Wave.

Comment

Yeah, that's the funny thing with the Zee... I thought it was just dropping in the folders, but I'm guessing there's a plethora of permissions that need to be dealt with first. FWIW, the release notes do say that .242 was a release version. And for the HS folks that are reading out there... Yes, I get frustrated sometimes, but I do sincerely appreciate all the work that you've put into this system. Thanks!

Comment

Update: Last Saturday I filed a bug on this and Rich pinged me back (yes, on a Saturday) Asked a couple of questions about my config and has been working on it. He came back to me today asking for more info. It's actively being worked. I understand that another beta (244) was posted today as well.

Comment

Out of curiosity, how did you file the bug?

Comment

I guess, technically speaking, it was a formal support request.

https://homeseer.com/support-home/

Look under Technical Support. There is a webform you can submit.

Comment

Got an e-mail this am to try a new release of the Z-Wave Plug-in, v 3.0.1.245. I'm pleased to report that my original issue is resolved. Status 5 is now reporting correctly when locking by pressing the Schlage button.

Comment

Working...
                X