• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failure to determine door is locked

Hello,

I have the HS3PRO with:

Current Date/Time: 11/8/2018 11:03:44 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 17 Days 16 Hours 20 Minutes 45 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.XXX
    Number of Devices: 192
    Number of Events: 32
    Available Threads: 199
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.11.0: BLEditor
    3.0.0.51: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.31: EnvisaLinkAdemco
    3.0.7.0: Insteon
    3.0.1.243: Z-Wave

My locks are Kwikset 916 locks. Fresh new batteries installed.

I want to be able to check if all the locks are in the 'locked' state. I am using the following code:

IF Back door Z-Wave Lock had its value set to Unlocked

OR IF Front Door Z-Wave Door Lock had its value set to Unlocked

OR IF Garage Door Z-Wave Door Lock had its value set to Unlocked

Then Send an Email to XXXXX@XXXXX
    with the subject From HomeSeer: Lock failure
    Message: The doors were supposed to lock but somehow failed to lock.

Lock status shows:
    ... (Edit the Action to View Entire Message) ...
    Front Door: $$DSR:336: $$DSR:337:
    Back Door: $$DSR:357: $$DSR:358:
    Garage Door: $$DSR:341: $$DSR:342:

The garage door lock always seems to trigger the issue because sometimes I get an 'unknown' status on that 1 lock. When I look at the device status page, the garage door lock clearly set to 'locked',

The email generated shows:

Front Door: Locked Locked by Lever
    Back Door: Locked User Code 2 Programmed
    Garage Door: Locked Locked by Button

So, all 3 locks show up as locked. Why am I getting a 'true' condition and email when none of the 3 events above are true?

This event will only trigger if a door Unlock event occurs unless it is being called by another event. If the later is the case, make sure that you check the box for "only if conditions are met"

Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob,

I am calling it manually by a lock script and there is a 30 second delay after completing the lock before checking them.

I do not see a box for "only if conditions are met". Where do I find this at?

Comment

If you click on the airplane image below the line where you call the above event, you should see a check box that states "Run Only if Other Event Conditions are True".

Bob

Comment

I have tried in firefox and chrome. I DO SEE the airplane. I click on it but no other options are offered.

Comment

Should look like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	109
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1258078

Comment

So, this is where I am confused. I am manually running this event to test it. I expect it will check the status of the 3 locks and send an email if any of the 3 are in an UN-locked status. I would not expect the calling script to matter since I am running it manually with the '>' box.

Comment

It has always been that if you run an event manually it will not honor any of the conditions in the event. Additionally, if the event is called from another event, without checking the box, it will not honor any of the conditions.

Bob

Comment

ok. Thank you sir. I am developer, so to me running this manually would cause the logic to be executed and only if those conditions are met would the action clause be taken.

Thank you for your patience with me.

Comment

Setup a test event to call your lock event and check the box to run only if conditions are true and it should work for you.

Bob

Comment

To me, it appears that your event will run when the trigger when the lock is set to “Unlock”. So, if you unlock the lock, your event will run.

I have been in the same boat you are in wanting to know if my locks were locked when sent a z-wave “Lock” command.

Your post got me to wondering if the following would work. Sorry that I haven’t tried it, but I am out of town.

Anyway, here are the events as best as I can think:

Event 1
                      If <some trigger>
                      then Set Locks Front Door to Lock
                      then if if conditions are true, run Event 2 after a delay of 5 seconds

Event 2
                      If this event is manually triggered
                      and if Locks Front Door Lock is not equal to Locked
                      then Set Locks Front Door to Lock
                      then run event Event 2 after a delay of 30 seconds

I plan to try this when I get home. I have tried If string changes to Unknown but this does not work.

The only concern i have with the above logic is that calling itself could make HS spiral out of control. Perhaps HS fixed this.
                      Michael

Comment

Working...
                      X