Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polling shows correct status, but devices don't get updated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other thing to do is call HomeSeer support and have them connect to your system to see what the issue could be.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      I'm talking about the HS log entries that get generated when re-scanning the device, not when you are polling them.
      Here it is:

Dec-28 17:48:10 Z-Wave 6 out of 6 Child devices of node 33 were created successfully.

Dec-28 17:48:10 Z-Wave All associations for node 33 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2, 3, 4.

Dec-28 17:48:10 Z-Wave Node 33 Association Group 4 can have 1 associations, and currently has 1

Dec-28 17:48:10 Z-Wave Node 33 Association Group 3 can have 16 associations, and currently has 0

Dec-28 17:48:10 Z-Wave Node 33 Association Group 2 can have 16 associations, and currently has 0

Dec-28 17:48:10 Z-Wave Node 33 Association Group 1 can have 16 associations, and currently has 1

Dec-28 17:48:09 Z-Wave Getting association information for node 33

Dec-28 17:48:08 Z-Wave Node 33 Meter is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_W, Scale is INSTANT

Dec-28 17:48:08 Z-Wave Node 33 Meter is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_kWh, Scale is ACCUMULATED

Dec-28 17:48:08 Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 33 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SENSOR_BINARY, Endpoint 2

Dec-28 17:48:08 Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 33 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SENSOR_BINARY, Endpoint 1

Dec-28 17:48:07 Z-Wave Node 33 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 3.67 App: 1.12

Dec-28 17:48:06 Z-Wave Node: 33 Controls Class(es): MARK, BASIC_V2, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V8

Dec-28 17:48:06 Z-Wave Node: 33 Supports Class(es): SWITCH_BINARY, SWITCH_ALL, METER_V2, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V8, MULTI_CHANNEL_V3, POWERLEVEL, ASSOCIATION, CONFIGURATION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, VERSION

Dec-28 17:48:06 Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...

Dec-28 17:48:06 Z-Wave Found 37 Z-Wave nodes

Dec-28 17:48:06 Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave node list for network F6DE6AAE...

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        The other thing to do is call HomeSeer support and have them connect to your system to see what the issue could be.
        Homeseer support replied:

It looks like there is some incompatibility with the firmware. Without a sample to use for testing, we cannot troubleshoot this issue. I understand that this is an important device to have working in your system but unfortunately, we cannot offer any support at this time.

Not really helpful... And also a bit strange!
        Homeseer does know the correct position of the switch (as shown in the polling log), but just won't update status in the device list (and thus not trigger any actions).

If it really was a firmware incompatibility, the polling log would not have shown the correct position, right... ?

Comment

I'm guessing that it did not build the child-devices properly based on how it reported them during the inclusion process and when it receives the data from the device it therefore can't populate them. Pure speculation on my part though. In the past, others have sent hardware to HS to resolve specific issues like this, but if it is 240V/50Hz only, then they may not be able to test it.

Comment

Thanks for your help Sparkman. I would have gladly helped testing this on my own setup, but support was clear in their statement "we cannot offer any support".
            Bear in mind that these devices all work well on my other controllers (hw & sw)

Comment

I think what they meant was that without the hardware they can’t offer support.

Comment

Maybe, but it also doesn't make them look very interested in getting it fixed...

Anyway, if you (or anybody else) has any more tips on how to get this fixed, I'm all ears. As I have plenty of these devices build into my walls, this is a shopstopper for me.
                Unfortunately, my trial expires in 2 days.

Comment

Have you checked to see if Qubino has a firmware update for this device? Might be worth contacting them too to see if they have seen or heard of this before with HomeSeer? My only other suggestion would be to put a work around in place using a script. This would be relatively trivial. The script could poll the device, take the returned value and then update the device that is supposed to be updated with that value. I have some scripts I could share that I use for other purposes that would be a good starting point.

Comment

I like the way you think :-) A script probably won't work because the polling would create delays (polling intervals) which is not convenient for "instant-response" switches...
                    But at least there are alternatives now!

Comment

Yes, it would create delays as you don't want to poll too often. When you operate the device, do you see any entries in the HS log related to it?

Comment

Nope. I see power reports coming in, but no button presses

Comment

Working...
                        X