Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Install

Hey all,
    This may have been covered ad nauseam. But I have. Genie 2028 series III, which doesn’t use a simple dry contact closure to operate the door. So when I received my GoControl unit I began to install it, but something made me realize the place I was about to insert the GoControl’s white wire probably was hot. I tested it and it is 5v. I figured this would possibly hurt the GoControl. Then I decided to research. Should have done that first, but oh well....

I found a few methods to use as a work-a-round but I settled on running the wire to the back of the wall mounted a Genie switch. I flipped the unit’s PCB over and ohm’ed out the switch contact. I wired the GC to the backside of the switch with solder. I also decided to make it a neat job, little exposed wires.

Long story short, it all works now and I thought I would share pics and a video. I converted the single pole light switch with a switch and outlet so I could power the GC without have a lot of exposed wires.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B1FAD772-D1BD-4ADB-8FDA-721EADA0EBDB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	36.5 KB ID:	1263899Click image for larger version  Name:	440D31CE-0DD5-4095-892A-5306D08392DA.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	1263900

This post my save my GoControl purchase. I find myself in the same position you did, but my knowledge of circuit boards is minimal. I have a liftmaster control panel that is a bit more complex than yours, how did you figure out where to solder the GC wires?

Comment

Working...
    X