August Smart Lock Pro Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August Smart Lock Pro Issues

I'm trying to add my new August Smart Lock (which may go back for other reasons), but the issues with HS may be the nail in the coffin. When trying to add it to HS, I don't get devices similar to what others seem to get in the few threads I found. I was really hoping to use the DoorSense, but since I can't even get any information from the lock itself, that seems moot.

I've added it to my Z-Stick by bringing it right to the August. It also mentions using the S2 protocol instead of the S0 as others have mentioned, but I don't see that as the issue for not creating the proper devices. I'm running version 3.0.1.249 of the Z-Wave Plugin.

Below is the Node Information, Device Created, and the Log Entries. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	AugustIssue1.png
Views:	489
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	1264018

If you are removing the z-stick and bringing it to the lock, that does not work from my understanding as HS needs to query it during the registration process. Have you tried bringing the lock to HS?
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      If you are removing the z-stick and bringing it to the lock, that does not work from my understanding as HS needs to query it during the registration process. Have you tried bringing the lock to HS?
      Well I installed the lock first to make sure it was working (without Z-Wave). Then when I was ready to add it to the network, I removed the Z-Stick, brought it to the lock, paired it, put the Z-Stick back in, then did the Import Node Info from controller function.

So you are saying now I should remove the node from the network completely, physically remove the lock from the door and with the Z-Stick still plugged in, do the Add/Include A Node Function, then reinstall the lock in the door?

Comment

Correct. That's how locks need to be added.

This is a bit outdated, but still relevant AFAIK: https://www.homeseer.com/pdfs/Z-Wave-Lock-Setup.pdf
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          Correct. That's how locks need to be added.

This is a bit outdated, but still relevant AFAIK: https://www.homeseer.com/pdfs/Z-Wave-Lock-Setup.pdf
          Thanks Sparkman! That did indeed do it.

Was anyone able to get the DoorSense working properly? There still is no apparent way for me to get the open/close/ajar status.

Comment

I have tried putting the lock right next to my Z-NET ZWave controller but i still get this

Add Node started...
            Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
            A new node is being added...
            Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
            DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
            Done. Node 118 Added.
            Reloading (importing) node information...
            Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
            Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
            Adding using S0 Security, Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 118
            Warning: Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 118. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
            Warning: If this is an import, you may need to remove and add the device as some devices cannot be added with an import.
            Warning: Node 118 does not support the manufacturer specific command class - it is either a really old device or there was a communications problem.
            Node: 118 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, TRANSPORT_SERVICE, SECURITY, SECURITY_2
            Node 118 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
            Finished.

And no child nodes get created.

Running Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.252

Anyone know how to get past this?

Comment

My two August Pro locks linked up fine. I did not get the warnings you show above. I did not place the locks next to the Z-Net, but they are installed within about 15 feet of the Z-Net, so maybe I just got lucky. I have lots of events triggered by door opening/closing, lock/unlock, etc. Everything works perfectly, except for the battery level indication. It shows the battery at 100% until the batteries are almost dead, then suddenly drops to 60%. At this time the August App is saying the batteries are 20%. Then HS drops to 45%, then jumps up and down between 45% and 100% until the batteries finally die completely. Put new batteries in and it goes back to 100%, so it is reading the battery data, just unterpretting it wrong.

The locks work great but I wish they would fix the battery level indication.

Comment

I have a ZNET v2. What model ZWave controller are you using?

Comment

Hmm - good question. I'm not sure how to tell. It just says Z-Net on it and the box, so maybe its a v1? The Z-wave page says it is using "Lib Version Z-Wave 4.05" if that tells you anything. I am using the latest Beta Z-Wave plugins: 3.0.1.262 - if you're not using the Beta, maybe that is the difference?

Comment

I actually have a v1 and a v2 so i tried the other one and i get the same result. Also tried the beta z-wave also.

What version of firmware does your lock have?

Comment

The firmware has updated several times since I bought them.

Model ASL-03.
                      Current FW Version is "b87fea72-1.59.0-1.13.2"

Comment

Hmm. Mine shows 1.8.15

Comment

That might be your problem then. When I log into the lock using the August App on my phone, it sometimes tells me it is doing an update, keep the phone close to the lock. I can't see a way of provoking it to do an update, it just seems to decide on its own.

Comment

Working...
                          X