Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to add an Aeotec Key Fob Gen 5

Hi,

Whatever I try, I'm only getting errors.

NWI doesn't work, nor sitting the Fob on the Z-Net interface.

Error when trying to include a node:
    Z-Wave Error Error, the Add Node response object is null and a normal ending was not reported - Add Node failed.
    Trying to exclude results in:
    Z-Wave Error Error, the Remove Node from Network response object is null and a normal ending was not reported - Remove Node failed.
    I've tried both operations numerous time, a dozen may be. Resetted the Fob to factory settings a couple of time too.

Device is brand new, or rather, was, when I got it.

In addition to the below configuration there is a recent addition of an Isy994 combined Insteon and Z-Wave controller running as secondary. Just to be sure, I turned it off at some point to remove it from the equation but that didn't improve the situation.

Any suggestions welcomed.

System info:
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Operating System: -
    System Uptime: 57 Days 12 Hours 36 Minutes 58 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.11
    Number of Devices: 177
    Number of Events: 129
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 346
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.47.0: BLBackup
    2.0.6.0: BLGarbage
    2.0.43.0: BLLAN
    2.0.6.0: BLPlugins
    2.0.95.0: BLRF
    3.1.3.33206: Blue-Iris
    3.0.0.31: EnvisaLinkAdemco
    3.9.610.5: HSBuddy
    3.0.0.0: mcsMQTT
    1.5.0.0: MQTT
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    3.0.1.248: Z-Wave

I had issues with the Keyfob and Button. They go back to sleep too fast during inclusion. I had to keep waking mine during the inclusion process before they would add properly. It took several attempts. Once added they have worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
      I had issues with the Keyfob and Button. They go back to sleep too fast during inclusion. I had to keep waking mine during the inclusion process before they would add properly. It took several attempts. Once added they have worked fine.
      Interesting. I reread the instructions that came with it and it doesn't mention a way to wake it. How do you do that?

When I try to include it, the error comes pretty fast though. Like a few seconds at most. I doubt waking it up would change the result but willing to give it a try.

Comment

Any battery powered z-wave device needs to be woken up before inclusion or removal. It probably fails quickly because HS does not get any response from it if it is asleep.

Looking at the manual it doesn’t refer to waking it up, it indicates the following:

“2. Press the Learn button on your Key Fob with the pin or press the bottom- right action button. Your Key Fob’s green light will begin to pulse.”

Does the green light pulse on yours?
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1965 Devices 1146 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          Any battery powered z-wave device needs to be woken up before inclusion or removal. It probably fails quickly because HS does not get any response from it if it is asleep.

Looking at the manual it doesn’t refer to waking it up, it indicates the following:

“2. Press the Learn button on your Key Fob with the pin or press the bottom- right action button. Your Key Fob’s green light will begin to pulse.”

Does the green light pulse on yours?
          Yes. I used both methods. In both cases the led flashes.

Comment

You have to keep doing it during the inclusion. Otherwise it goes back to sleep....

Comment

I tried to follow the included instructions and had no luck. This video helped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX5BWRnsFWE

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
                I tried to follow the included instructions and had no luck. This video helped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX5BWRnsFWE
                AH! Thank you so much logbuilder! That worked in a matter of seconds.

If only we had proper documentation with these devices, I'd have spent countless hours of my life doing something better than getting them to work by trial and error.

And a question remains, why would the Z-Tools add mode work and not the include mode in HS3?

Comment

Hi all lucky owners of Key Fob Gen5.
                  Just a quick question. How long your batteries last with this keyfob?
                  I have one which is set to Scene Mode (my way of programming of the device is very similar as shown in the video posted above).
                  So, device is working good (no questions), but battery last approx a week and I use it not more then 1 press a day.
                  == Aeotec manual says that it will last for approx 3 months with approx 10 times button press a day. ==
                  No way (at least for me).
                  Does anybody knows Parameters Number to set WakeUp interval?
                  Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
                  X