Aeon Multisensor 6 Listening Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Multisensor 6 Listening Mode

I have one multisensor 6 that shows the "listen" parameter as "no" in the node information (the rest all say yes) and displays this message on it's management screen:

Error: The device Zfloor Z-Wave Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor Grow Box is not a normally listening node, and an attempt to communicate with it has failed. To use the functions on this page, please make sure the device is awake and ready to receive a command prior to selecting the function buttons below.

i understand that this is normal if the sensor is on battery power, but this one is not. I cannot find a way to reset this (rescan does not help) - I would really hate to have to remove it and add it in again as there are a lot of programs that use it. Would anyone know how to force this unit into listening mode?

Temporarily applying USB power should put it in wakeup mode
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

The sensor is permanently attached to USB power..... but homeseer seems to think it is on battery.....

Comment

You probably need to exclude the device and reinclude it. Normally it should include as a listening node if it's added while on USB power, or as a non-listening node if added on battery power.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          You probably need to exclude the device and reinclude it. Normally it should include as a listening node if it's added while on USB power, or as a non-listening node if added on battery power.
          I was hoping that wasn't the answer - but I fear that it is. I do faintly recall that this sensor may have been on battery when i first included it. Thanks.

Comment

Hi!

I choose to lift this tread for my problem.

HS4, with new beta Z-Wave plugin v. 4.0.3.0

I have included all of my devices, after a melt down og the Z-Wave network. This includes four Multisensor 6 from my old network, but all resett to factory settings. I addition, nine new ones, that have not been used before. All are included with USB-power from a phone-charger.

Problem is, that all of the units, has been included as battery powered units (non-listening mode). Why is this happening?

I can read some places, that parameter 9, is the one that tells the listening status. I have Z-Wave Parameter plugin, and this does not show that parameter at all.

Somebody who knows?

Comment

Working...
            X