Failed at the Get GO & Unable to get a Z-wave interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed at the Get GO & Unable to get a Z-wave interface

I am unable to initiate a Zwave interface from my pc connected to my HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.475.
    My model is Homeseer Z-Troller and the only serial port I see is /dev/ttySO
    When I try to enable the Interface I get the "gold !" finger of failure

Furthermore the often touted Z-TOOL+ app is also a dismal failure.

I didn't think setting up a Zwave network with HS could be worse than Leviton's VIZIA RF tool but I seem to be wrong again.

If your z-wave interface is not working, then z-tool won't won't do anything. Maybe add some clarity as to what you are trying to do. "I am unable to initiate a Zwave interface from my pc connected to my HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.475." What z-wave interface are you using and is it connected to the Zee? Are you using a browser from your PC to access HS' web interface on the Zee? What does the HS log show? "the gold finger of failure" describes nothing...
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Did you purchase your Zee S2 from HomeSeer or build it yourself. The Zee's from HomeSeer have a built-in Z-Wave card so there shouldn't be a need for the Z-Troller.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What z-wave interface are you using [my browser] and is it connected to the Zee[YES]? Are you using a browser from your PC to access HS' web interface on the Zee? [yes] What does the HS log show? Log as follows..... Hey why does the log keep updating with the following repeating despite that I don't have any systems connected to the HS3 nor do I have a request in for an interface???
        New Interface: Getting node information from controller...
        Dec-16 12:48:01 PM Z-Wave Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect
        This is the result of my enabling attempt.......The Gold finger;-)
        Name: New Interface

Just saw this in the log "
        Dec-16 1:12:26 PM Z-Wave Error Chasers: The Chasers interface did not respond to the request for the controller capabilities - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (3).

Comment

For the Zee, on the ZWave controller page you should be selecting model "Internal" rather than "HomeSeer Z-troller". The Z-troller is an older, standalone controller that isn't sold anymore.

Comment

Thanks all from the quick effort to help....Purchased from Homeseer. What does daughter card mean????

Comment

The Zee hardware consists of a Raspberry Pi single board computer and a smaller "daughter card" which contains the ZWave controller hardware (includes radio & antenna).

Comment

Thank YOU ....,Internal model gave me an interface. Wish all the 3 tutorials out there were saying to go to internal.

Now which of the 15 actions should I use to add a device to the network? I have 4 Yale Locks and 4 leviton VRPD3 dimmer plug in's to add.

I assume that I need to put the HS Z3 within 10 feet of these devices/nodes while at the same time keeping its Ethernet in-tack, right?

Comment

You guys are GREAT!!!!

Comment

Add/Include a Node or Add/Include a Node None Secure. Use the Non Secure option only for devices that support both Secure and Non Secure. The locks may need to be placed a few inches away to be properly included. If your device are included on a different controller, then you will likely need to "Remove/Exclude a Node" first for each of them which will remove the device's relationship with your old controller. You can also use your old controller to do so if it is still available.

Comment

OK making sense to me now..... question do I need to keep the Ethernet connection for the HS Z3 during this time? My locks don't move around easily so I will need to carry the Z3 around the house and Ethernet isn't available many locations and I don't have a laptop. UGH!

Yes these nodes/devices were on another network Vizia so I will need to Remove/Exclude first.

Comment

You'll need to put the HS Z3 into inclusion mode, so no way to do so if it's not connected to the network. A long Ethernet cable may work, but in my case, I'm getting pretty fast at removing the locks You only need to remove the keypad and motor mechanism, the latch/bolt part can stay in the door. If the batteries in the locks are not nearly new, I would put a fresh set of batteries in them before beginning the inclusion process.

Comment

The Raspberry Pi has built-in WiFi; however there isn't a web-based setup method - you'll need to login to the Linux command line. Here's one article on that: https://www.raspberrypi.org/document...ireless-cli.md

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                            You'll need to put the HS Z3 into inclusion mode, so no way to do so if it's not connected to the network. A long Ethernet cable may work, but in my case, I'm getting pretty fast at removing the locks You only need to remove the keypad and motor mechanism, the latch/bolt part can stay in the door. If the batteries in the locks are not nearly new, I would put a fresh set of batteries in them before beginning the inclusion process.
                            I have 12 plus Z-Wave Aeon Labs Repeaters so I distributed them around the house and near the locks so two of the locks were seen by the HS S3 without dismantling. However two of the Yales aren't playing as well. Next i will replace their batteries.

Is there a way to have the VRCOP from Leviton as a secondary controller interface to the Omni Pro?

Comment

Working...
                            X