Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to update Fibaro and MCH-Home Zwave+ devices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to update Fibaro and MCH-Home Zwave+ devices.

Hi All,
    I have just the 2 z-wave+ devices mentioned above.
    Firstly the fibaro FGS-223 has not ever worked correctly but fortunately not to much of an issue.
    "Switch Multilevel 1" Stays permanently set to "On". No idea why but every thing else is fine so can live with it. This device is v3.3 firmware I believe.

The MCH-Home thermostat also works fine but every now and then stops working in that it will not update. For me this is a serious issue, currently away from home, temperature is plumeting and cannot turn the heating on!
    Screen shot attached.
    I disabled and enabled the z-wave plugin:- No change.
    Stopped and restarted Homeseer:- No change.
    Rebooted the server:- No change.

Seem to remember last time yanking out the Sigma designs Z stick a few times and it came back to life after several goes. Hardly a scientific approach but did solve the issue short term. Do know if I exclude it and include it all is good but mucks up all my events.
    V4.33 ZDK6.61 F/W 2.6

Would be grateful for suggestions, pearl of wisdom etc.

Peter

Current Date/Time: 17/12/2018 12:15:57
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Work Station
    System Uptime: 3 Days 1 Hour 10 Minutes 23 Seconds
    IP Address:
    Number of Devices: 549
    Number of Events: 185
    Available Threads: 399
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 2
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Avast Antivirus

Attached Files

Any body got any idea's? Updating to the latest Beta has not helped.

Tried to do a full scan and it fails all ove the place. Log entry for one device but this is pretty much everything. Found out that problem is not just zwave+ device happens when I try to control any thing!
    Z-Wave Warning Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 27, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Dec-19 10:24:31 Z-Wave Cannot reach node 27, will not import any information about this node.
    Dec-19 10:24:31 Z-Wave Checking if we can reach node 27
    Dec-19 10:24:31 Z-Wave Getting class information for node 27...

Comment

I have similar issues at the moment. Your device status is unknown, that is why the commands do not get executed. For me, I disable the zwave PI, wait a few seconds, then enable. after a minute or so, the status still shows unknown but when I send a command it works and status changes to on or off. Sometimes this works for a few hours, sometimes only for a few minutes before my network goes down again. Sometimes trying to disable/enable the zw PI again gets it back to life. Other times only a reboot will temporarily help. For me this only started at about the time I updated my zwave PI to .248 then .249, it was all working fine on .190. I am not sure if this has anything to do with my (or your) problems. But out of interest, what version are you running ?

Comment

Firstly Mikee,
        Thanks for the post.
        So disabled the Z-Wave plugin for best part of an hour, both the Z-wave+ device have come back to life, would appear we have the same issue.
        In respect of previous versions originally added the two Z-wave+ devices on version .248 they showed up as unknown then so upgraded to .249 pretty much straight away. Out of pure frustration upgraded to Beta .252 this morning.
        The Fibaro FGS-223 Multilevel switch is still permanently stuck on.
        Very strange! If you look at my first post I could not do anything even with a server reboot. Maybe something is time related!
        If all goes pear shaped again, will try disabling the Z-wave plugin but for a reduced length of time to see what happens.
        My UZB is currently connected to HS through a mini 3.5" USB hub, thought that this might be an issue. Currently not at home but was thinking to plug it straight into the motherboard just to see.
        Wil post when I have more info.

Peter

Comment

I dont think you need to disable the zwave PI for longer than a few minutes. I dont think that makes any difference. I normally only wait about 30 seconds then try to send a command again. Last might I tried disabling 3 times, still nothing happened, only a reboot got it working. Then again this morning no heating, as my zwave commands again did not go through. A reboot fixed it again, it will all stop working again in a few hours... A few weeks ago this was all rock solid, I had HS3 running for 20 days or so without reboot. And then I only had to reboot for backups or Windows updates. Extremely frustrating.

Comment

When it goes wrong again I'll try a shorter time and see how we go.
            Noticed this "reboot for backups" I use BLBackup works a treat.

Peter

Comment

I have just tried the restart zwave interface from the plugins - zwave - controller management after my network 'froze' again and was unresponsive. After the restart its all working again. Now i will try to run a event every few hours to restart the interface until i found a solution to to the root problem, which i still do not know what it is.
              just dont know yet how i can do that, i cannot find a acton for this. I will create another post to ask if anybody knows how to do that. Maybe keep an eyeon that post, it might work for you too as a temporary solution

Comment

Hi Mikee,
                Seen your other thread and have subscribed to it, Now have a different set of devices showing unknown but these are not critical to me just annoying!
                See attached. Wierd.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X