Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't start Z-Wave interface

Hi,

I never been lucky with Z-Wave. I just bough a Zooz 4-in-1 sensor. But my Z-wave interface isn't working anymore...

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Z-Wave - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Any idea on what is causing this issue?

What kind of interface? How is it connected to HomeSeer? What does it show on the Z-Wave Controller Management page?

I have seen an interface drop off when including a device. A restart of HomeSeer will usually get it to reconnect.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hi RPrade,

I have a Smartstick+. It's connect to a USB port on my HS server running Windows 10. The interface just don't start. So I have no Z-Wave menu under Plug-ins.

Comment

That sounds like the plug-in is not running. I don’t see how you could get the error you posted at the top without the plug in running. Does the plug-in show on the Management page? If the plug-in is not there, you can reinstall it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CB3247D5-462A-41BD-AA0D-C28694B27C1B.jpeg
Views:	296
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1268382
        Attached Files

Comment

This is what I have in the Management page:
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Stef; December 20, 2018, 08:37 PM. Reason: Remove icon...

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
            This is what I have in the Management page:

That is odd. I would try restarting HomeSeer and the computer. If you still have the same issue, try reinstalling the plug-in.

Comment

I stopped HS, deleted everything about Z-Wave. Restart my server. The I installed the Z-Wave plugin. Again, same error message. No luck.

Comment

Check the HS3 root folder for DLL conflicts. All the DLL's that the plugin uses are placed in the bin/Z-Wave subfolder. If there are any DLL's in the root folder with the same names of those, there will be a conflict if the file versions differ. Specifically, Newtonsoft.Json.dll is widely used and some misbehaving plugins have installed it in the root in the past (thankfully none do this currently).

Comment

Thank you Zwolfpack! It was effectively that Newtonsoft.Json.Dll that was in the root folder. Removed it from root and now it is working,

Comment

Working...
                  X