TON of duplicate Z-wave devices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TON of duplicate Z-wave devices...

I am not sure what happened but after resetting my z-net, power cycling and updating the z-wave plugin due some z-wave issues. Now it might not be specifically related to that, but going into the HOME tab, I have a pile of duplicated nodes for some reason. My questions is what do I do to remove them or fix them?

Here are some of the the duplicated nodes:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	node view.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1268653
    And here is the node data in the z-wave node information screen:

Name:	node view2.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	1268654

Using an example, Node 3 is the backyard light to which I normally control.

Name:	node view3.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1268655

Now I am not sure what is going on as to why there are all these duplicate nodes. Can I delete them?
    Attached Files

- Remove all the devices using the remove feature for the devices that you can.
    - Then remove the devices that you cant as failed nodes.
    - Factory reset your Z-wave interface
    - Resintall all of your z-wave devices

If for some reason your devices did not remove properly look up how factory reset them manually. Try adding the device before you do this and do it only if the device fails to be discovered.

Comment

You can avoid the factory reset of the interface but it will use nodes that have not been used yet.

Comment

I had installed a device multiple times, each time removing the device by going to plugins>zwave>controller management, then expanding zwave interfaces, then choosing the action remove/exclude a node. The device was removed, but each time I attempted to add a device, the next node number would be chosen. I am up to node 6 which I renamed to a logical name.

It's not really a problem, but it seems to be a similar issue the OP had. Would the only way to get back to node 1 be to do a factory reset? I'm not going to do this, but I'm just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry68 View Post
          I had installed a device multiple times, each time removing the device by going to plugins>zwave>controller management, then expanding zwave interfaces, then choosing the action remove/exclude a node. The device was removed, but each time I attempted to add a device, the next node number would be chosen. I am up to node 6 which I renamed to a logical name.

It's not really a problem, but it seems to be a similar issue the OP had. Would the only way to get back to node 1 be to do a factory reset? I'm not going to do this, but I'm just curious.
          The z-wave controller assigns them sequentially and does not reuse a node number until it hits its max and then will use open node numbers. If you back up your interface, and then restore, it will start reusing them at that point. Your specific z-wave controller has to support the restore function (not all do), so only try that after you've confirmed that.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X