X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Outdoor Zwave Sensor

So I got an early Christmas present, an outdoor Zwave motion sensor:

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/pro...y-or-usb-power

But I need some ideas on what I could do with it.

All my lights inside and out are Zwave enabled.

I originally thought about adding it as one of the requirements to get the garage to open automatically.

Life 360 + Motion + maybe wifi phone connection.

Any cool ideas?

How well is this sensor working with HS3?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Cool! Let us know how you like it. I have lighting under the eaves that are z-wave along with the front door light. Right now, if the door opens after a certain time they go to full bright. If the doorbell rings, it goes to full bright. However, I've considered putting a motion sensor so the lights brighten BEFORE someone is actually standing at the front door.

Did it add without any drama?

Comment

If I had one, I would put place it so that anyone coming down my driveway would alert me. Not sure what the distance is on these, but I do know that z-wave plus is much improved over older version.

Comment

Does it have Group 2 control. It would be nice for the motion to control the Z-wave device directly?

Comment

Does it have Group 2 control. It would be nice for the motion to control the Z-wave device directly?
            I get the impression that HS is not keen on Associations since they came out with linking devices. Not direct control but directly through HS without the need for an event.

Comment

I am using linking and group 2 associations with WD200+ switches. That is the only way to get them to be perfectly in sink as if they were 3 way switches. The slave uses the Group 2 association to control the load switch. It is much nicer looking then three way switches. The difference is amazing and I believe Homeseer has designed the WD200+ to work with group 2 associations.

When I used only 'linking' there was a noticeable delay with the switches and I also noticed problems with the devices turning themselves on and off because of this delay; I was able solve it when I added Group 2 associations. It was real easy; I just add group 2 to the slave switch and it sends the information directly to the load switch instead of going through the HS3 server.

Comment

I ordered this one since it can be powered with USB and therefore hopefully allow more finite control of sensitivity.

I am hoping to add it to my system tonight and see how that goes.

Just cant decide where to use...

I currently have it configure to use my front door arlo to trigger the light but this may be better.

OR maybe detect driveway motion.

Comment

USB is nice. Batteries go when you need them them the most.

Comment

Added just fine.

Show 4 devices one of which is battery which shows 0% even though I have it USB powered.

It has a Power Management Notification that reports all kinds of events related to Power.

It has a big red light to indicate motion detected and physcal adjustment for sensitivity on the sensor itself.

Now to just decide what to do with it....

Comment

I am looking for some battery powered motion sensors to reduce the number of false positives of motion detection on my security cameras. How well do these work ? Do you get false positives during the day ?

Comment

Working...
                      X