Z-Wave Plus Locks - Schlage BE469ZP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Plus Locks - Schlage BE469ZP

Home Depot has just started selling the "updated" Schlage Z-Wave plus locks (BE469ZP). See https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3130 and see https://www.homedepot.com/p/Schlage-...-716/308412416.

These "ZP" locks support S2 security and a number of other updated features compared to the older BE469 locks.

I understand these locks have just been released this month (December 2018) and was wondering if anybody has used / tested these with HomeSeer and confirmed that they work? I'm not that concerned about the "S2" part (and realize that HomeSeer is still working on their S2 security implementation), but wanted to make sure the "rest" works.

I currently have the 'older' BE469 locks and am looking to swap them out as we are changing the door hardware finishes and wanted to update the locks to match -- since I have 5 of these to swap, I didn't want to purchase new ones until I can confirm the "ZP" series is working on HomeSeer.

Thanks,
    Jim

Following, have the exact same question

Comment

I was shipped the BE469 last month. The new model apparently was being released as my unit was being shipped. Sorry I can't comment on comparison with ZP model. Upgrade for my use-case might not be worth the higher cost.

BE469 is working fine, with one exception: After a 30-second automatic relock, the "unlocked" status does not reset to "locked" status. Have you had issues with lock status indication, jvm or bsobel

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by 1dB View Post
        I was shipped the BE469 last month. The new model apparently was being released as my unit was being shipped. Sorry I can't comment on comparison with ZP model. Upgrade for my use-case might not be worth the higher cost.

BE469 is working fine, with one exception: After a 30-second automatic relock, the "unlocked" status does not reset to "locked" status. Have you had issues with lock status indication, jvm or bsobel

Any suggestions?
        I don't use the automatic relock built into the locks. I let HomeSeer control relocking. To do that, I have events that look to see if a lock is in the "open" state and also check time of day. If it is nighttime, it locks after about 30 seconds, more in the daytime, and even more depending on location (backdoor can be unlocked longer than front door, etc.). I also use a Homekit-to-HomeSeer interface (Homebridge) and iPhone Automations / Geolocation so that when any member of my household leaves, the iPhone triggers locking of all doors and closing of the garage.

So, my suggestion is to disable the automatic relocking and use HomeSeer to handle it. You'll get a lot more flexibility and it works right.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post

I don't use the automatic relock built into the locks. I let HomeSeer control relocking. To do that, I have events that look to see if a lock is in the "open" state and also check time of day. If it is nighttime, it locks after about 30 seconds, more in the daytime, and even more depending on location (backdoor can be unlocked longer than front door, etc.). I also use a Homekit-to-HomeSeer interface (Homebridge) and iPhone Automations / Geolocation so that when any member of my household leaves, the iPhone triggers locking of all doors and closing of the garage.

So, my suggestion is to disable the automatic relocking and use HomeSeer to handle it. You'll get a lot more flexibility and it works right.
          Second that recommendation. I let HS control auto locking based on if door is closed and how long it has been unlock. Also factor in motion detectors located on either side of some doors to tweak exactly when it auto locks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I unwittingly bought a BE469ZP yesterday online thinking it was a BE468 (I have an old one that just died). Just installed and tested with my HS3. No problems so far but need to investigate some of the new features.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
              Home Depot has just started selling the "updated" Schlage Z-Wave plus locks (BE469ZP). See https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3130 and see https://www.homedepot.com/p/Schlage-...-716/308412416.

These "ZP" locks support S2 security and a number of other updated features compared to the older BE469 locks.

I understand these locks have just been released this month (December 2018) and was wondering if anybody has used / tested these with HomeSeer and confirmed that they work? I'm not that concerned about the "S2" part (and realize that HomeSeer is still working on their S2 security implementation), but wanted to make sure the "rest" works.

I currently have the 'older' BE469 locks and am looking to swap them out as we are changing the door hardware finishes and wanted to update the locks to match -- since I have 5 of these to swap, I didn't want to purchase new ones until I can confirm the "ZP" series is working on HomeSeer.

Thanks,
              Jim
              Went to my nearest local HD to buy one of these yesterday--the ZP version linked above.They have an error in their database and/or supply chain because what they have on the shelf under that SKU is the B469WK V CAM 619. Not being familiar with the WK version, I took the guy's word for it being the ZP with "probably a special model number just for Home Depot" (there was a sticker over the box-printed model number, so it seemed plausible). No indication of z-wave plus on the box, but thought maybe they just hadn't updated the packaging with that, either. Finally figured out at home it's an older z-wave model.

Took it back to another local HD that showed even more stock and again, all they had was WKs. Don't know how wide-spread the mix-up is, but check the box carefully if you go to buy one at the store.

I guess I'll order one from the homedepot.com and cross my fingers that I get the right one.
              -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

Went to my nearest local HD to buy one of these yesterday--the ZP version linked above.They have an error in their database and/or supply chain because what they have on the shelf under that SKU is the B469WK V CAM 619. Not being familiar with the WK version, I took the guy's word for it being the ZP with "probably a special model number just for Home Depot" (there was a sticker over the box-printed model number, so it seemed plausible). No indication of z-wave plus on the box, but thought maybe they just hadn't updated the packaging with that, either. Finally figured out at home it's an older z-wave model.

Took it back to another local HD that showed even more stock and again, all they had was WKs. Don't know how wide-spread the mix-up is, but check the box carefully if you go to buy one at the store.

I guess I'll order one from the homedepot.com and cross my fingers that I get the right one.
                The "WK" version is the "Wink" hub version. Its definitely the "old" Z-Wave, not the "plus" version.

Comment

Found this one, unfortunately not shipping to The Netherlands
                  It is a Schlage BE469ZP CAM 619. I am not sure what the difference is with the CAM 716 besides the difference in price?
                  Has anyone suggestions for good/cheap sellers within Europe or sellers who ship these locks to Europe?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...K6Y9EEQB&psc=1

Comment

Originally posted by Broes View Post
                    It is a Schlage BE469ZP CAM 619. I am not sure what the difference is with the CAM 716 besides the difference in price?
                    Has anyone suggestions for good/cheap sellers within Europe or sellers who ship these locks to Europe?

The 3 digit suffix is the style and finish. 6xx is the Century style and 7xx is Camelot. Last 2 digits specify the color.
                    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Broes View Post

Of greater concern for you might be, will it work with a European Z-Wave controller? AFAIK it's a different RF band.
                      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Thanks, I did overlook that
                        I guess I have to look for another solution/other brands.

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

The 3 digit suffix is the style and finish. 6xx is the Century style and 7xx is Camelot. Last 2 digits specify the color.
                          Thanks for your explanation, I missed your answer to my question.

Comment

Just bought it . This is my first z wave lock( and the first lock I ever install in my life ..but i guess i am a little biased here, because My dad works in renovation, so saw him do it a couple of time when I was working part time for him.)

All of that to say that for someone with no experience with locks, that was an easy one.
                            Installed it in max 30 mins ( if you forget the part that i had to get the hole bigger with some tools——i guess the last guy did use a hammer and a screwwdriver to get a not perfect/standard hole LOL)... That was ...funny

Anyways , very happy with the lock . I do not think i’ll use BLlock PI since all the feature I want areavailable on the devices itself..

pairing was a breeze too.

I have setup a couple of events already, but need to wait for my girlfriend, so I can add some more (Locking schedules, etc)
                            while I care about functionality , she’s more on the security side of things.

One thing I am surprised is that i thought I could had like 250 codes? I wont need that much . And surely wont go to the 30 I see now. Maybe I didn’t read an option somewhere...or can anyone send me a link of a lock saying 30 codes with manual programming, and 250 with z wave? I am sure i saw this somewhere. I guess i’ll check the parameters.
                            But like I said ‘I won’t use that many codes , i am just curious about it

-nb: This is a one day review. Will keep the thread updated if anything goes wrong

Comment

remember to add new user PINs through the new HomeSeer Lock management system, because codes added directly on the Schlage lock do not show. The ability to add/remove codes via HomeSeer is much nicer and gives you more control.

Plug-Ins > Z-Wave > Lock Management

Click on the [+] of the lock node that should be listed, and you can then provide a user name for reference and their respective PIN-code.

Comment

Working...
                              X