Replace or Remove and Add - Upgrading Zwave switches to Zwave Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace or Remove and Add - Upgrading Zwave switches to Zwave Plus

I am going to be replacing a couple switches that are GE Zwave switches with either GE Zwave Plus or HomeSeer Zwave Plus switches.

If I upgrade from GE Zwave to GE Zwave Plus can I simply do a replace node and optimize/ audit or will this not work properly and I need to remove and add the new zwave plus switch as a new switch?

If I go with HomeSeer Switches I assume then the answer is remove and add, but depending on replace vs remove and add may depend on what switches I go with.

This may be clunky and there might be a more techy solution but when I was upgrading to Z-Wave, as an example, I named the old switch Dining Room Lights OLD and the new one Dining Room Lights New.
    As I updated the events, filter by device. Filter by the OLD device and then update each event by removing the OLD device in the event and then select the NEW device.
    Once you're done with the update, you can change/remove the NEW of the New Z-Wave and the events will update to reflect the corrected name.
    I was adding switches as the budget allowed so my method wasn't a huge undertaking.
    Dan-O
    HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Working...
    X