Yale Z-Wave Deadbolt Plays a Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yale Z-Wave Deadbolt Plays a Song

Weird thing has been happening every once in a while when locking my Yale Deadbolt via Z-Wave - It plays a little song for 3-4 seconds.
    I looked in my documentation and I don't find anything.
    The batteries are showing at 58% so I'm wondering if this is a friendly warning that my batteries are getting low?

Has anyone else experienced this song?
    Dan-O
    HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

I've had mine for about 3 years now, I believe that sound is when the deadbolt cannot extend all the way.
    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      When I say song, I mean a melody not the beep-boop beep-boop-beep-boop it does when the deadbolt is restricted.

So as an update, I replaced the batteries for piece of mind since they are over a year old. Wow, I forgot how fast the deadbolt closes!
      I'm guessing now that the melody is a reminder to install fresh batteries.
      Dan-O

Comment

I've never heard that and had my batteries below 10% before. I only get tones when restricted. I have audio off, do you have it on?
        HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
        Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Audio is turned on.
          Dan-O

Comment

If the bolt is jamming it will play a tune. Have a look at the attached link item 4

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/yale-a...-issues/<br />

Comment

No really, it plays a tune. I mean literally a 5 second melody.
              The video shows the deadbolt not moving and I've heard that before when I had to make some adjustments - I have heard that beep-boop beep-boop-beep-boop before.

I haven't heard the song since I swapped in new batteries so I bet it was a 'friendly' warning.
              Dan-O

Comment

Working...
              X