Zwave network becomes unresponsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave network becomes unresponsive

I had trouble with my network for a couple of weeks now. The network becomes unresponsive, and I get frequent status unknown on my devices. I backed up my z-net, and restored to it. That helped for a little while. It ran for 4 days before it happened again. Then another 4 days, and then daily, now its every 3 or 4 hours. Restarting the zw PI or even HS3 is the only thing which helps. After a zw PI restart, I still had a unresponsive device. I decided to try and run a optimize. That did not work, but I have seen this message in the log:

New Interface: is waiting to start an optimize until the interface commands to be transmitted empties. Will wait until 19:52:54

The time of the message was 19:47, it looks as if the message queue was full. On the zwave PI info page i
    had the CMD Q 0, and Poll Q 8. That does not look that busy ? My polling in general is turned off on most devices, and reduced to a minimum on the ones I need. I have 68 nodes, about 25 of them Zwave+. Up until a couple of weeks ago it was all running fine, no major changes. Maybe that is a hint of whats going on. I had only restarted the zwave PI a couple of minutes before. Sometimes my devices still react, but with a long delay, it can be up to 2 minutes.

Did you ever figure this out? I was adding some zwave plugs and one of them seemed to have trouble adding. And since then I am having difficulties with the zwave network. I am trying to do a full optimize but I am also getting this message that you were getting above. Any help would be great.

Comment

Yes it was a failed node. A Aeotec motion sensor, was working fine, but was obviously flooding the network. As soon as I disconnected the power to it, the problems disappeared. Connecting the power again, and problems came back. To find the faulty node, I did this with a lot of nodes, so took a while to find the culprit.

Comment

So, I started to get these problems when I added two HAOZEE Z Wave Plus Mini Smart Power Plugs. They seemed to go in great. But after adding two, the network seemed to have a fit. And although these plugs went in OK, I can't control them. Now I can't get them out. How do you remove these bad devices?

Comment

Best is to cut power, go to the zwave tab, test connectivity, then remove bad node. Thats if they do not exclude ?

Comment

Working...
          X