Z-Wave full optimization and running events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave full optimization and running events

Im seeing tons of errors in the log when doing optimization of all nodes. This place is not optimization errors but errors caused because events are running. Who knows what z-wave transmission do to the optimize cycles.

I thing that HS needs to suspend all events when full optimizations are being done. This would allow the optimization cycle to be run without any interference. I think there should be a pause between every few device, maybe five at a time, to allow events to run then suspend events for a few more cycles.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
    4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
    3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
    SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

I would agree that on an optimize and full optimize that event processing should be disabled during the cycle. I always try to remember to disable event processing before doing an optimize but sometimes forget. I also try to plan out the optimize when I have 'downtime' because I know events will be disabled and if they are not disabled it just causes delays and havoc all around during the optimize so it's just better to disable the event processing.

Comment

I thought that event processing was stopped during optimization actions - not sure. But here's a thread on network optimization Rich posted last November:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...works-11-12-18

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
        I thought that event processing was stopped during optimization actions - not sure. But here's a thread on network optimization Rich posted last November:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...works-11-12-18
        It is not stopped automatically.

Comment

Working...
        X