All Device Information Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Device Information Lost

So this is the second time this has happened in the last 6 months. Lastnight I had google report it couldn't talk to Homeseer. This mroning I unlinked it and tried to relink it after waiting awhile and it linked and none of my devices are there. I look in the list and all my devices are gone. I called support they asked what version of Zwave plugin I have and what version Homeseer software I have which is the latest release on both and said I have to reimport the devices back in and will have to re set the names and room back up. No explanation as to why this has happened. Said because I'm running this on a virtual machine and to get it off a virtual machine. I did the reimport its not reimporting all the device properly so this means I'm going to have to go back and setup all my devices. There are over 100 devices. This is crazy. This is the first time I am contemplating jumping ship on this product. It took me weeks last time to get everything setup plus everyone in the house can't function because everything is broke. Please tell me someone has a solution to this because otherwise I will be moving away from the Homeseer product.

Wow to make matter worse all my evens and programs have to be relinked as well. WTF? I didnt make any changes or anything on this in weeks and out of the blue I lost everything. This is not a virtualization problem.

Comment

HS creates automatic backups of your HS database file which is where your events and devices are stored. There should be multiple .hsd files in the Data subfolder. Take a look at the time stamps and see if there's one there from before your issues started. Even with these automatic backups, I would also set up other backups to backup the whole HS server, or at a minimum the HS folder and all of its subfolders. I run nightly Veeam and iDrive backups. I've rarely needed to use them (typically only when I delete something that I should not), but it allows you to recover from a major failure (hard drive, etc.).
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Ok that worked. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Ugh well it put the devices back but the zwave node info isn't there. I tried restoring it from a backup and it looks like the node info isnt in the backup.

Comment

Ok nevermind after a restart it started working. Heart Attack diverted. Now time to backup everything.

Comment

Glad to hear it is all good again!
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
              X