Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z-Wave keeps on malfunctioning

Hello,

I am running HS3Pro on a Raspberry Pi. This has worked for, idk, years without any real issues.

Since a few weeks I keep getting the problem that I can still receive Z-Wave data from nodes, but sending data doesn't seem to do anything. HomeSeer says the command is send, but the lights or other device do not respond to anything. When I kill the HSPI_ZWave.exe process it restarts and it works for a while (sometimes days, sometimes hours). So something in the driver is going haywire.

The frequency of this issue occuring seems to increase. It used to be once every few weeks, then it became about once a week and now it seems it can't keep things online for more than a day.

Any ideas what this might be? Is my Aeon Labs stick defective? It's relatively new (1, 1.5 years old maybe)

Is your antenna mounted vertically and fairly high? It might be as simple as a range issue. Maybe try moving it to a different location for a bit.
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

I had this same issue which started a month or so ago, i also use an Aeon Stick. I updated to the latest beta. but i'm not 100% sure the existing version was the cause. as the issue coincided with the Harmony firmware update which killed support for 3rd party apps. I upgraded to the .10 firmware on my harmony hubs, except one which i can not get the correct version due to USB issues, so that instance is now disabled.

but since i did both steps at the same time, and the issue has not resurfaced. however i suspected that the harmony plugin was tying up the HS thread as it was showing high CPU usage per harmony plugin instance and i was also getting issues with sporadic delays in events etc..

I would suggest you try the latest beta if you haven't already done so. do you use Harmony? if so, have you noticed it no longer works with the HS plugins until you upgrade the harmony FW?

Comment

Hmm thanks fuzzysb. I am indeed using Harmony and althought I don't exactly know when the issues started, but it could indeed be related. I'll verify I see the high CPU usage when the issue surfaces again.

Thanks very much! I will also check for any updates

Comment

Working...
        X