HS stopped receiving Z-wave communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS stopped receiving Z-wave communication

I realized yesterday that HS is no longer receiving any Z-wave communication through my UZB stick, though sending to any device works fine. Nothing in the logs. I tried to upgrade to lastest stable Z-wave plugin version and when that didn't help I tried both the beta and rolled back to .190. No luck. This is the weirdest thing and nothing I have experienced before. I'm starting thinking HW malfunction but it's strange that sending still works.

Have any of you guys experienced anything like this? Anything I could try SW wise?

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
    I realized yesterday that HS is no longer receiving any Z-wave communication through my UZB stick, though sending to any device works fine. Nothing in the logs. I tried to upgrade to lastest stable Z-wave plugin version and when that didn't help I tried both the beta and rolled back to .190. No luck. This is the weirdest thing and nothing I have experienced before. I'm starting thinking HW malfunction but it's strange that sending still works.

Have any of you guys experienced anything like this? Anything I could try SW wise?
    I once had a similar issue with a UZB stick. In my case it was receiving but not sending. If I remember correctly completely powering down the computer with the stick, not just a reboot, cured it.

Steve

Comment

I did try that and have also moved the stick between machines, but no luck. The blue LED on the stick is not indicating that the stick is receiving anything.

Could the Z-wave network on the dongle be messed up? I've attached a screenshot from "Node Information". Not sure what it looked like when everything worked.

Comment

Is that the entire contents of the node info page? At the top, number of node is 31 but you're only showing 2 entries. Normally the number of entries equals number of nodes.

You might want to try the 'Reset Z-Wave Data' button on the /ZWaveConfig page (Plugins->Manage, then click on the name of the 'Z-Wave' plugin name). Then restart the plugin. You' may have to optimize routing again as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
          I did try that and have also moved the stick between machines, but no luck. The blue LED on the stick is not indicating that the stick is receiving anything.

Could the Z-wave network on the dongle be messed up? I've attached a screenshot from "Node Information". Not sure what it looked like when everything worked.

That looks very bare!

Did you by any chance run ZWave 3.0.1.253 at any point? It was only up for a short period of time but pretty much hosed the ZWave database so was quickly replaced. Rolling back would not cure that once it happened. You would need to replace parts of the HS3 folder with a previous version, preferably the whole folder to keep Devices database and ZWave database in sync.

I suspect your screenshot is just showing part of the info but try resetting the Z-Wave data as zwolfpack has suggested and see how you get on.

Steve

Comment

Many, many thanks guys. You saved my day. After resetting the Z-Wave data everything seems to work now. It must have been .253 that messed things up.

Regarding routing, can I somehow see if optimizing is needed? Is routing details saved in HS and not on the dongle?

Thanks again.

Comment

The routing info is stored on the controller, but the Node Information page does show it. There's also the HS Z-Seer application.

However, there's no way to determine if the routing is working correctly except by getting error messages in the log that commands are not being acknowledged.
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
              X