Bali Blinds Z-Wave Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bali Blinds Z-Wave Remote

Hi all, I installed a couple of Bali z-wave enabled motorized blinds last week and they are working great. They each come with a remote that can also be paired (associated) with the blind for controlling it manually. I've added both remotes to HS as well and one adds as a Central Scene Controller, but the other does not. I've tried removing it, re-adding it, etc. but can't get HS to recognize it properly. A rescan shows it supports those classes, but it does not create the child devices. Does anyone have these same remotes and any tricks for getting it to add properly?

Thanks
    Al

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	109.4 KB ID:	1284037
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

I've upgraded my z-wave plugin to the latest beta (3.0.1.256) and continue to get the same results. During the inclusion, it seems to properly report its capabilities, but HS does not create any child devices for it. rjh Any ideas? Multiple rescans/exclusions/inclusions to do not resolve the issue.

Thanks
    Al

Add Node started...
    Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
    A new node is being added...
    Adding a new CONTROLLER...
    DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
    Done. Node 121 Added.
    Reloading (importing) node information...
    Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
    Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
    Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 121, ID: 622=26EH (UNKNOWN), Type: 22083=5643H, ID: 23089=5A31H
    Node: 121 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, BATTERY, WAKE_UP
    Node: 121 Controls Class(es): BASIC_V2, WAKE_UP, CENTRAL_SCENE_V2, SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3
    Node 121 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.33 App: 11.0
    Node 121 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
    Node 121 supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.
    All associations for node 121 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2.
    Main ZNet: Adding association for Z-Wave device Z-Wave Node 121 Generic Controller (Node 121, Group 1) to HomeSeer
    Finished.
    Saving network information to file: ZNet_Home-Z_003D2F74_2019-02-17_10.56.01.ZWave. Please wait...
    Done!

Comment

Based on the clasess it looks like is should have created some devices, but I see from the log it did not. I should add some logging as to why it did not create a device.

Check your device list, best way is from the node info page as the node will be there, and see if any devices exist. If any do, it will not update them or create new ones. Manually delete them and then do an import. See if it creates them.

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      I've upgraded my z-wave plugin to the latest beta (3.0.1.256) and continue to get the same results. During the inclusion, it seems to properly report its capabilities, but HS does not create any child devices for it. rjh Any ideas? Multiple rescans/exclusions/inclusions to do not resolve the issue.

Thanks
      Al

Add Node started...
      Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
      A new node is being added...
      Adding a new CONTROLLER...
      DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
      Done. Node 121 Added.
      Reloading (importing) node information...
      Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
      Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
      Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 121, ID: 622=26EH (UNKNOWN), Type: 22083=5643H, ID: 23089=5A31H
      Node: 121 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, BATTERY, WAKE_UP
      Node: 121 Controls Class(es): BASIC_V2, WAKE_UP, CENTRAL_SCENE_V2, SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3
      Node 121 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.33 App: 11.0
      Node 121 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
      Node 121 supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.
      All associations for node 121 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2.
      Main ZNet: Adding association for Z-Wave device Z-Wave Node 121 Generic Controller (Node 121, Group 1) to HomeSeer
      Finished.
      Saving network information to file: ZNet_Home-Z_003D2F74_2019-02-17_10.56.01.ZWave. Please wait...
      Done!
      πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Based on the clasess it looks like is should have created some devices, but I see from the log it did not. I should add some logging as to why it did not create a device.

Check your device list, best way is from the node info page as the node will be there, and see if any devices exist. If any do, it will not update them or create new ones. Manually delete them and then do an import. See if it creates them.

Thanks Rich, yes, I have checked the devices and only the one device is created and it reports as Standalone under its Relationship Status. I'll delete it and re-import as a test.

Comment

rjh A delete with a import recreates the root device, but does not create any children. The subsequent rescan shows the following but still does not create the children. The device still reports as Standalone:

Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Setting wake-up interval for device Z-Wave Node 121 Generic Controller to 12 hours and 0 minutes.
          Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave All associations for node 121 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2.
          Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Node 121 Association Group 2 can have 12 associations, and currently has 1
          Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Node 121 Association Group 1 can have 1 associations, and currently has 1
          Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for node 121
          Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Node 121 supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.
          Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Node 121 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
          Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Node 121 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.33 App: 11.0
          Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Node: 121 Controls Class(es): BASIC_V2, WAKE_UP, CENTRAL_SCENE_V2, SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3
          Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Node: 121 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, BATTERY, WAKE_UP
          Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
          Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Found 111 Z-Wave nodes
          Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave node list for network 003D2F74...

Comment

Here's what the Node Information page shows for the node:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1495
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	1285759

Comment

Did HS ever create devices? Looking closer I see the problem. The issue that the device says it supports these classes:

Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, BATTERY, WAKE_UP

HS cannot control any of those.

It sounds like this a remote control? What would you expect HS to do with it? Normally, HS cannot control other remotes. You can normally do a controller shift and send devices to the remote, and that normally happens when you add it.

rjh A delete with a import recreates the root device, but does not create any children. The subsequent rescan shows the following but still does not create the children. The device still reports as Standalone:

Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Setting wake-up interval for device Z-Wave Node 121 Generic Controller to 12 hours and 0 minutes.
              Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave All associations for node 121 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2.
              Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Node 121 Association Group 2 can have 12 associations, and currently has 1
              Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Node 121 Association Group 1 can have 1 associations, and currently has 1
              Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for node 121
              Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Node 121 supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.
              Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Node 121 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
              Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Node 121 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.33 App: 11.0
              Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Node: 121 Controls Class(es): BASIC_V2, WAKE_UP, CENTRAL_SCENE_V2, SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3
              Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Node: 121 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, BATTERY, WAKE_UP
              Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
              Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Found 111 Z-Wave nodes
              Feb-17 1:19:22 PM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave node list for network 003D2F74...
              πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Did HS ever create devices? Looking closer I see the problem. The issue that the device says it supports these classes:

Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, BATTERY, WAKE_UP

HS cannot control any of those.

It sounds like this a remote control? What would you expect HS to do with it? Normally, HS cannot control other remotes. You can normally do a controller shift and send devices to the remote, and that normally happens when you add it.

I would expect it to add as a Central Scene capable device with the same two children as my other remote (see my first post in this thread) which has a child for a battery and Central Scene. Here's the Node Info for it:

Views:	1478
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	1285822

Why does it work for one, but not the other?

Comment

Node 112 is different, notice how it says it "supports central scene", but the other one does not report that. Do they both have the same firmware version? Something is different between the 2.

I would expect it to add as a Central Scene capable device with the same two children as my other remote (see my first post in this thread) which has a child for a battery and Central Scene. Here's the Node Info for it:

Views:	1478
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	1285822

Why does it work for one, but not the other?

Comment

Node 112 is different, notice how it says it "supports central scene", but the other one does not report that. Do they both have the same firmware version? Something is different between the 2.
                    Thanks Rich, looks like the one that is working is Firmware version 11.2 and the one that is not working is 11.0. So even though the "Controlled" shows Central Scene (along with Basic, Wake Up and Switch Multilevel), it does not create the device because it should also be reported as "Supported"? Should it not create a Battery child though?

Thanks
                    Al

Comment

Yes, I would expect a battery device, not sure what is up with that.

Thanks Rich, looks like the one that is working is Firmware version 11.2 and the one that is not working is 11.0. So even though the "Controlled" shows Central Scene (along with Basic, Wake Up and Switch Multilevel), it does not create the device because it should also be reported as "Supported"? Should it not create a Battery child though?

Thanks
                      Al

Comment

As an FYI, here's the link to the remote's page in the z-wave alliance's database: https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1787. It's made by a company called Springs Window Fashions (http://www.springswindowfashions.com/Pages/default.aspx) under both the Bali and Graber brands. It's sold with their AutoView motorized system which is directly z-wave compatible without having to use an intermediate z-wave gateway like their older motorized system. The AutoView system is also marketed under the Somfy brand, but my understanding is that it was developed by Springs Window Fashions.

Comment

Yes, I would expect a battery device, not sure what is up with that.
                          Any debugging I can do to help track down why the plugin does not seem to attempt to create that? I've reached out to the company that makes these (see my previous post) to see if I can get a replacement remote that has newer firmware.

Comment

Hey Sparkman,

We just installed a bunch of the Bali Roller Autoview Blinds.

Reading from above you had issues with old firmware. Haven't checked yet, hopefully I don't being their built in Oct.

How are you working for you?

Any suggestions?

I use insteon, and have a really old Zwave interface. Thinking about getting a new Zwave interface. Any suggestions?

​​​​​​​Thanks.
                            HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                            PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                            HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
                              Hey Sparkman,

We just installed a bunch of the Bali Roller Autoview Blinds.

Reading from above you had issues with old firmware. Haven't checked yet, hopefully I don't being their built in Oct.

How are you working for you?

Any suggestions?

I use insteon, and have a really old Zwave interface. Thinking about getting a new Zwave interface. Any suggestions?

​​​​​​​Thanks.
                              I have an issue with one of the remotes as it does not support the Central Scene command class properly. It is still able to control the blinds though. The blinds and other remotes all work perfectly.

The best z-wave interface to use with HS would be the z-net or alternately the HS branded smartstick. The z-wave info on them can be backed up and restored.

Cheers
                              Al

Comment

Working...
                              X