Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No restore option

Hi,

I want to redo the entire routing of my zwave network. As per this thread, I want to make a backup and restore of the interface. Backing up is no problem, though I don't have an option to restore the backup ...

How can i restore it ?

EDIT: using a Aeon Z-Stick

Thx !
    Kriz
    Z-Wave is a mesh network, that means that nodes assist each other with routing commands to other nodes. For this to operate properly, the controller must know

I've not found a way to have HS3 restore a backup of the Z-Stick. I did use the Aeotec program to backup my stick also. I've had no need to restore and didn't want to test fate by trying it. Users on OpenHab have reported success using the software to backup and restore or even copy to another stick.

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...ackup-software

HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
      Hi,

I want to redo the entire routing of my zwave network. As per this thread, I want to make a backup and restore of the interface. Backing up is no problem, though I don't have an option to restore the backup ...

How can i restore it ?

EDIT: using a Aeon Z-Stick

Thx !
      Kriz
      Same here, I cannot locate a Restore Option, see image

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

So for anyone who finds themselves in this situation, apparently it's not possible...

Reply from HelpDesk:

"I apologize for the inconvenience, but the latest versions of firmware for the UZB interfaces are not compatible with the restore network option. I have noted this feedback so that I may pass it a long to our engineers, but restoring this feature is not at the top of the development"

Quite disappointing, having to resort in re including all my nodes and redefining my events accordingly.

Comment

A backup with no restore. On top of that, they don't see it as a priority to complete the restore function. Really begs the question, does HS really care about the stability and recoverability of their system? Do they care that a customer has to go thru a lot of pain should a piece of hardware fail when HS could have greatly lowered if not nearly eliminated the pain?

On what planet would a good development organization create a backup utility without a corresponding (working) restore utility? Think Samsung would do that on Smartthings? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
            A backup with no restore. On top of that, they don't see it as a priority to complete the restore function. Really begs the question, does HS really care about the stability and recoverability of their system? Do they care that a customer has to go thru a lot of pain should a piece of hardware fail when HS could have greatly lowered if not nearly eliminated the pain?

On what planet would a good development organization create a backup utility without a corresponding (working) restore utility? Think Samsung would do that on Smartthings? I doubt it.
            Trust me, nobody is as disappointed as me right now!

I'm 3 years in on my configuration - now it's almost like starting again.

Rather then allow me to backup without ability to restore, they could have provided an appropriate warning notifying my there is NO BACKUP OR RECOVERY FACILITY FOR THIS INTERFACE. Instead of giving the us5e false pretence with decapitated options.

Oh well, worst sh!t happens out at Sea

Comment

I have 2 Aeotec z-sticks so I am interested in how to get this done.

Here are some links that I've found so far about the procedure as defined by Aeotec. I won't be able to test it anytime soon.

Where to get the Aeotec software

How to backup and restore
              https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...p-and-restore-

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
                I have 2 Aeotec z-sticks so I am interested in how to get this done.

Here are some links that I've found so far about the procedure as defined by Aeotec. I won't be able to test it anytime soon.

Where to get the Aeotec software

How to backup and restore
                https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...p-and-restore-
                Good to know thanks for this.

So I'm having a good time with this Z Stick Aeotec.

Can I ask why do you have 2 Aoetec sticks, is it possible to have them running concurrently?

I'm assuming to cater for better communication paths for nodes that are further away from the primary Aeotec interface?
                I mean can I get like a 10meter usb cable and add a 2nd Aeotec z stick to my computer with that extension lead for example (enabling further reach of my z wave network.)

I would be interested in your response, I think I've read about such a setup though haven't explored it (as you can tell)

Cheers

Comment

My need for two z-sticks is much simpler than you think. I have two locations that each have HS and z-wave devices.

Comment

The only European Z-Wave stick that has back up available is the ZWave.Me usb stick. Smaller format and in my opinion better. I have bought several Aeotec z-wave sticks over the years and none to date has the backup option.

If you buy a ZWave.Me make sure it has the later firmware as there are a lot around with old firmware and the process of updating is fraught with grief. I have bought mine from Vesternet, Amazon and other home automation retailers.

Cheers

Jo

Comment

This is just a shot in the dark, but I am curious (I see a restore on my ZWave stick, so cannot try this myself). Have you ever done a backup on that ZWave stick? It is possible that the restore option may not appear until that first backup has occured. Again, a shot in the dark, but worth asking.

Comment

Controllers known to support restore are
                        (1) the EZZee internal board provided in US and older EU Z-Net's
                        (2) HS SmartStick+ (rebranded Nortek HUSBZ-1)
                        (3) Some versions of ZWave.me UZB
                        (4) Nortek HUSBZB-1 (Z-Wave/Zigbee).

The UZB is what current EU and AU Z-Net's utilize. The product pages for these state "Z-Wave network backup/restore feature not supported in HomeSeer systems". This is because HS3 restore doesn't currently work with later versions of UZB firmware. It does does work with firmware version 5.5, but newer version 5.25 does not: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...restore-backup

A couple of us were in communication with HS and ZWave.me on this subject but not much luck so far. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ng-route/page3

Comment

My EU ZWave.Me controller is at 5.13 and has backup facilities which I use weekly.
                          There is some confusion over the Firmware level numbering 5.5 is in fact 5.05.
                          I have updated my controllers to 5.13 using the tedious ZWave.Me procedure but I would make sure you have a spare stick. I have done a lot of firmware upgrades in my working life but this one is not user friendly.
                          I should add I have only been able to upgrade the firmware using a Windows PC.

Hope that helps

Jo

Comment

Although the restore function has no priority, we are yet 1 year further. Is there by now a solution to restore to z-net zwave?

What I don't understand is that Homeseer in there manual for the z-net the restore functions discribes:

STEP #5 – Restore Z-Wave Network to Z-NET (Only if upgrading from another Z-Wave interface) 1. Open your HS3 web interface, navigate to Plug-ins>Z-Wave>Controller Management, expand the listing for your new ZNET, then select “Restore a Network to this Interface” from the Actions menu.

BUT THAT OPTION IS NOT THERE.

I bought all the hardware directly from Homeseer in the HS shop. 2 Z-nets in 2019, included an EU z-wave.me uzb stick. They work great, but no restore. And that is very annoying, and just waiting for the moment that it does go wrong in a very bad way!

All the latest software and plugin version.

Does anybody has a solution to restore to Z-net?

Comment

Has anyone figured this out yet? I was just following the youtube on restoring to hs zstick-plus but with a new Aeotec Gen 5 and I don't see the option either. Luckily not too many nodes to recreate but really?

Comment

Working...
                              X