Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Node has direct connection to interface, but uses route with 2 hops

Hi,

Just redid my entire Z-wave network. All nodes are Z-wave plus and can be directly contacted by the controller. However, after a few commands I see routes like 6->15. Howcome it is not taking the direct route ?

Best regards,
    Kriz

Nobody has any information on forcing routes ? All my nodes are DIN rail mounted in the electricity closet, 2 meter away from the controller. When adding them they were all directly reachable ...

Comment

Z-seer can set command and return routes. When I look at my Z-wave mesh. All AC powered routing devices are neighbors to the Z-stick controller. none of the battery devices are listed as neighbors in the controller, even the ones closer to the controller. When I look at battery devices they only list AC devices as neighbors. A z-wave controller has a complete routing table of all devices.
      HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
      Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
      Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I've not found a way to view the actual route table that the controller maintains.
        HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
        Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
          All nodes are Z-wave plus and can be directly contacted by the controller. However, after a few commands I see routes like 6->15. Howcome it is not taking the direct route ?
          How do you know they can be directly contacted by the controller? For the nodes to pick an alternate path, they must be having trouble communication directly. Are the modules installed directly next to each other on the DIN rail? Do you have the option to put some more space between them? I have some switches in 3-gang boxes and the middle switch never seems to want to the controller directly. At the end of the day, if things are working well, then why do you care? The self-healing nature of the z-wave+ mesh network should find the most reliable route.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X