Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schlage BE469nx Locks Firmware Update Through HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage BE469nx Locks Firmware Update Through HomeSeer?

Looking for a way to update the firmware on my 4 Schlage locks be469nx. The Schlage connect app is useless...if that is the recommended method of firmware updates. The app never moves past step 3 to add the lock. Their recommendation is to reset to factory and retry to add the schalge lock to their proprietary app. I have these locks so deeply nested into homeseer with events and triggers, I'm not about to factory rest my locks.

I see in the root file through HS3 I can upload a file type .hex .otz .hec file for a firmware update through homeseer. However I cannot find anywhere through schlage that allows a download of recent firmware.

I've been experiencing some wonky reporting on my locks through device list and hoping firmware update will improve communications and resolve my issues.

New Batteries
    Rescan
    Optimize
    Fully Optimize
    Polling Interval at 1 minute

I've tried with no success. Hope someone can help.

Hi...
    have you been able to find a new firmware version somewhere ?
    I've try to find information about the latest firmware release for Schlage lock, but I can't find anything.
    I have the same BE469NX model, but mine is currently version: 128.22

Let me know if you've been able to find information about latest firmware release.

I'm having some issues with my Schlage Lock, and i'm wondering if a firmware update might help.

Thanks!

Comment

I've found something in another thread... someone contact the Schlage support and get an answer about firmware updates for Schlage locks.

Unfortunatly, it seems that there is way to update the firmware for BE468/BE469 locks...

Originally posted by cfrudolphy View Post
      Just a follow-up to my previous post regarding Schlage door locks and their firmware. I had contacted Schlage customer service asking about the availability of a firmware update. I finally got a response. See below:

"Chuck,

Thanks for reaching out to Schlage Support! I'm sorry for the delay in response. The Connect BE468/BE469 has a static firmware that is not able to be updated.

Please let me know if you have any questions

Thank you and Have a safe day!

Deanna Green
      Consumer Loyalty Representative

ACHIEVER - LEARNER - DEVELOPER - INDIVIDUALIZATION - ADAPTABILITY

Allegion : Schlage
      2119 E Kansas City Rd.
      Olathe, KS 66061

E: consumerschlage@allegion.com P: 888-805-9837 F:800-449-1481

7:30am-5:30pm Mon-Fri and 9:00am-3:00pm Saturday,Central Time"

Comment

Hi Flaplante99. I have been looking everywhere and not found anything! I read your findings, that's nuts. A deice that requires firmware to operate, and no way to update it? I think Schlage is keeping it to themselves. I think it can be done over Bluetooth using the android app. But then it loses the associations we have created. The file to update is out there somewhere, I'm sure. It always makes me want to pull a Wal-MArt and buy a newer version and return the old. haha...no don't do that. The newer versions are Zwave Plus and reduced latency. Less polling which has to extend the battery life. I'm sure a newer firm ware will fix some of the issues I've been having. A factory reset and rebuilding my events is really good to be a task. Let me know if you find anything!

Comment

The BE468/BE469NX locks are Z-Wave not Z-Wave Plus and thus are not update capable. Z-Wave Plus devices can be updated if the manufacturer provides the firmware files. The BE469ZP lock is the Z-Wave Plus version of the Schlage lock.

Comment

Working...
          X