GE 14294 Double Tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE 14294 Double Tap

From what I've read, it appears that the latest versions of the GE/Jasco dimmers support double tap functionality, if the plugin supports it. I don't find any indication of support via the Homeseer plugin. Is it there and I'm just not finding it? If not, are there any plans to include it?

Thanks,
    Mike

I don't believe HS has developed support for it. I've read the same about later firmware supporting it...only 5.26 or later...but I can't confirm that to be the case. I have a lot of the 142xx devices and about half are 5.20 and half 5.26. Actually, a couple are 5.27.

Would love for HS to add support for the double-tap. rjh Any chance of it happening?
    -Wade

Comment

The double-tap should be automatically supported if the double tap is reported using the Central Scene command class.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I don't see that in the list:

Command Classes:
        Zwaveplus Info, Crc 16 Encap, Version, Manufacturer Specific, Device Reset Locally, Association, Association Grp Info, Powerlevel, Switch Multilevel(V 2), Switch All, Configuration, Scene Actuator Conf, Scene Activation, Firmware Update Md

I'm still using a Z-Troller (not Z-wave Plus), would that effect support for the command class?

Mike

Comment

If the conversation in this thread is correct, it sends an association group 3 command.
          -Wade

Comment

So, how do you access the Group 3 commands? I tried setting the Group 3 Association to Homeseer, but it didn't yield any additional values in events. I'm relatively new to Z-wave, so it's mostly over my head at the moment.

Mike

Comment

With Group 3 associated to HomeSeer, when I double tap the switch, the HomeSeer log shows the switch setting to “On”, but the switch status on the HomeSeer Device page changes to “Last” and the slider shows full on. However, the switch does not change dim level.

So it seems the Group 3 association is established, but how do I access the sent commands for events?

Mike

Comment

I also have these GE jasco switches (14294) with firmware version 5.20 in most of my house. I'm interested on how to use double tap on them if anyone has more information.

Comment

It's a hack, but you could use a log monitor to watch for the log entry and trigger an event based on that. I have some of these switches as well so I'll give it a shot tomorrow and report back. I already have Jon00 log monitor installed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Following up, if you set Group 3 association to Homeseer and save, Homeseer simply treats the commands the same as group 1 association and modifies the status of the device, which effectively is a bug since the device doesn't actually change state. So a double tap down will cause Homeseer to change the light to "Off" but the light stays on if it was originally on. Same is true for double tap up if the device is off. Personally I see this as a bug that rjh would have to address in the z-wave code. Since this is a manufacturer specific action it may never work right.

No Homeseer log entry is made that differentiates the group 1 command from the group 3 command, so that plan is a dead end.

If you associate group 3 with another device it will directly control that device with the double tap, but that bypasses Homeseer.

Doesn't look like double tap will be useful without changes by HST.

Comment

so I've only been peripherally following this thread and haven't spent any real time playing with group associations, so I may be out to lunch here, but is there any way to somehow tie the association or otherwise link it to a virtual device? From there you can have the virtual device trigger whatever you want.....

Comment

I see what youre talking about where i can get it to turn the group 3 associated device off but it does not change the LED or state (on/off) of its own switch. Only of the associated switch. Is it possible to detect a group 3 command from a VB script or an event? Does it get logged somewhere?

My goal for example is to double tap down the master bed light switch and have it turn off closet and bathroom lights also in the master bedroom.

Comment

I'm not aware of any way for HS3 to expose a group 3 received command via scripting or event triggers. It might be in a z-wave debug log, but enabling and managing that introduces a whole new set of problems.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey guys. I originally came from smartthings and can confirm double tap works on the 14294 and also the 14287 3 speed fan.

I wrote the first smartthings DTH supporting double tap for the 14287 fan controller...
                            https://community.smartthings.com/t/...ith-double-tap. Since then a new user has taken over and created their own DTH that works with the new smartthings app

I took the hit and abandoned double tap on this switch when I left smartthings, but it would be nice to get it back

I am here to test if needed

Comment

Just a thought: The Homeseer WS200 supports the double tap (and 3, 4, 5, and long taps). When I wanted to add multiple taps to my hallway light, and wanted to also install a new smart switch elsewhere, I replaced the Jasco/GE switch with a WS200, and put the older Jasco/GE switch in that new location. The hallway is a 3 switch layout, but the existing GE companions work with the new WS200.

Comment

Working...
                              X