Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ecolink Door/Window Sensors - Tamper Alarm

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ecolink Door/Window Sensors - Tamper Alarm

    Hi all, I recently added a few EcoLink Door/Window sensors and they are working well, except the tamper alarm does not clear on any of them when putting the cover back on. I have 4 of them right now and a few more on the way, and they all behave the same way. They were easy to add, the batteries are updating properly, etc. so this appears to be the only issue with them. Not sure if it's a HS plugin issue or an issue with the device itself. Are others that are using these seeing the same thing, or are they working properly for you? If it's working for you what version of the z-wave plugin are you using?

    Cheers
    Al
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	148.3 KB ID:	1292837
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1149 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

  • #2
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    Hi all, I recently added a few EcoLink Door/Window sensors and they are working well, except the tamper alarm does not clear on any of them when putting the cover back on. I have 4 of them right now and a few more on the way, and they all behave the same way. They were easy to add, the batteries are updating properly, etc. so this appears to be the only issue with them. Not sure if it's a HS plugin issue or an issue with the device itself. Are others that are using these seeing the same thing, or are they working properly for you? If it's working for you what version of the z-wave plugin are you using?

    Cheers
    Al
    Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	148.3 KB ID:	1292837
    Hello sparkman ,

    I don't use these sensors but looks like there is something you have to setup in the controller config :

    "The sensor has two configuration parameters. Parameter 1 configures the sensor to send or not send Basic Set commands of 0x00 to nodes in Association group 2 turning the devices off when the sensor is in a restored state i.e. the door is closed. By default the sensor does NOT send Basic Set commands of 0x00. Parameter 2 configures the sensor to either to send or not to send Sensor Binary Report commands to Association Group 1 when the sensor is faulted and restored. If the controller is fully compatible with the Notification Command Class thereby making the Sensor Binary Reports redundant, the controller can disable the Sensor Binary Report Commands completely."

    Source : http://z-wave-assets.s3-us-west-2.am...pdf?1524689869



    I hope that helps.



    Eman.
    The Closer.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Eman View Post

      Hello sparkman ,

      I don't use these sensors but looks like there is something you have to setup in the controller config

      I hope that helps.

      Eman.
      Thanks Eman, but that part is working fine. It’s the Home Security child device that incorrectly reports that the cover is still removed.

      Thanks
      Al

      HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1149 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

      Comment


      • #4
        I have Ecolink motion and door sensors, they both have an action for the security child. The graphics status page is the same both as well.

        Click image for larger version  Name:	doordevice.png Views:	1 Size:	28.9 KB ID:	1292903

        Click image for larger version  Name:	door_status.png Views:	1 Size:	61.2 KB ID:	1292904
        HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
        Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
          I have Ecolink motion and door sensors, they both have an action for the security child. The graphics status page is the same both as well.
          Thanks for posting that. I have only 3 values shown on mine and strangely I have a graphic only for 8, but no value defined for 8.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	102
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1292925
          HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1149 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

          Comment


          • #6
            Same here sparkman. This was reported an issue almost a year ago and still nothing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
              Same here sparkman. This was reported an issue almost a year ago and still nothing.
              Thanks for confirming. Do your Home Security child devices look like mine?
              HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1149 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by sparkman View Post

                Thanks for confirming. Do your Home Security child devices look like mine?
                Yup they look the same. Even with the double Closed one for binary and one for notification. These are the newer Ecolink Z-Wave Plus, same as what I (was) using.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

                  Yup they look the same. Even with the double Closed one for binary and one for notification. These are the newer Ecolink Z-Wave Plus, same as what I (was) using.
                  Thanks, I think the two child devices for open/closed are correct. I think the binary one is there for backwards compatibility. What does your Status Graphics tab look like for the Home Security child device? Is that the same as mine as well? rjh I will be adding a few more of these in a week or so. What debug info should I grab to help identify the issue?

                  Thanks
                  Al
                  HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1149 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sparkman View Post

                    Thanks, I think the two child devices for open/closed are correct. I think the binary one is there for backwards compatibility. What does your Status Graphics tab look like for the Home Security child device? Is that the same as mine as well? rjh I will be adding a few more of these in a week or so. What debug info should I grab to help identify the issue?

                    Thanks
                    Al
                    Ask cowinger I sent them to him a few weeks ago. I replaced most of my z-wave with Insteon. Tired of this device working, that device half working, this other device having multiple personalities between z-wave plugin updates....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      sparkman have you tried manually adding the value Zero Rest Control to the Graphics Status? I have no idea just a thought.
                      HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                      Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                      Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
                        sparkman have you tried manually adding the value Zero Rest Control to the Graphics Status? I have no idea just a thought.
                        Thanks, yes, I tried that after you posted your screen shot. It did not work, but I haven’t done any troubleshooting as to why it did not.
                        HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1149 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sparkman View Post

                          Thanks, yes, I tried that after you posted your screen shot. It did not work, but I haven’t done any troubleshooting as to why it did not.
                          Yeah, that was my fear, that it would not be sending the command out through z-wave to the device. If the documentation for your sensors has the details on that paramater you could probably use the set command on the z-wave tab. You would need to know the parameter number and Byte size Problem is you'll probably have to manually wake it up and how do that with tripping the security sensor.
                          HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                          Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                          Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by drparker151 View Post

                            Yeah, that was my fear, that it would not be sending the command out through z-wave to the device. If the documentation for your sensors has the details on that paramater you could probably use the set command on the z-wave tab. You would need to know the parameter number and Byte size Problem is you'll probably have to manually wake it up and how do that with tripping the security sensor.
                            Yes, not sure if it actually sends a command back to the sensor, or if it’s just supposed to reset HS’s status. If the cover is on, the sensor will go back to sleep, so the sensor will not receive it unless HS queues it for when it wakes up.
                            HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1149 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	50.0 KB ID:	1319421sparkman Did you ever find a resolution to this? I installed one of these today, and I can't clear the tampering notification, and it hasn't updated the battery status yet. The manual says that when you remove the cover, the device is awake, and can be communicated with. I couldn't get any comm response through HS3, although the open and close statuses work perfectly.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X