Ecolink Door/Window Sensors - Tamper Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by socalsharky View Post
    Did you ever find a resolution to this? I installed one of these today, and I can't clear the tampering notification, and it hasn't updated the battery status yet. The manual says that when you remove the cover, the device is awake, and can be communicated with. I couldn't get any comm response through HS3, although the open and close statuses work perfectly.
    I just used an immediate script command to change them back to "normal".
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

I just used an immediate script command to change them back to "normal".
      Could you share that script? I would really appreciate it.

Also, I have had the sensor installed for over a week, and the battery still shows 0%. I excluded the sensor and then performed the inclusion process again. Hopefully the battery level will report in HS3. Have others had this issue with the battery level?

Comment

Could you share that script? I would really appreciate it.
        It would look like this. Substitute your device reference for the first argument (1605) and the desired value for the second (0).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	354
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1321079
        -Wade

Comment

Also, I have had the sensor installed for over a week, and the battery still shows 0%. I excluded the sensor and then performed the inclusion process again. Hopefully the battery level will report in HS3. Have others had this issue with the battery level?
          I am currently using two of these units:
          Unit 1 was installed on 7/30, makes daily reports that battery level is (always) 61%.
          Unit 2 was installed on 8/11, makes daily reports that battery level is (always) 99%.

Both units are reporting open/closed properly, but redundantly, on two child devices.

Re posting https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...24#post1292924 .... Me, too.

Edit 8/16:

Check that. According to Device List page, and as of 8/16 at 7:05 local, the most recent battery reads are:
          Unit 1 on 7/30
          Unit 2 on 8/14

It would appear that Unit 1 battery level may not have been reported at all, and that Unit 2 either quit or is intermittent.

Comment

Originally posted by ericg View Post

I am currently using two of these units:
            Unit 1 was installed on 7/30, makes daily reports that battery level is (always) 61%.
            Unit 2 was installed on 8/11, makes daily reports that battery level is (always) 99%.

Both units are reporting open/closed properly, but redundantly, on two child devices.

Re posting https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...24#post1292924 .... Me, too.
            My battery level has not reported since it was installed. See my post #15 above.

Comment

I have not yet moved my EcoLink door switches from my old Vera3 controller to new HomeSeer location, but those sensors worked flawless (and still do) on front-entry security door for roughly 5 years including battery-reading/tamper and survived -20F Ohio weather (am only on 2nd battery). What I remember was that I struggled to get it included on Vera3 without setting off the tamper alarm. Solution was to include it, configure all the settings the way you want (as per EcoLink manual), and then exclude it from Z-Wave network. Remove battery, and screw mounting plate in position, then start inclusion process on controller, insert battery and close cover as quickly as possible. Inclusion should finish with settings remembered, and unit will be free of tamper alert.

Still relying on the EcoLink sensor to act as security sensor at the old location, but hoping to finish move later this month, or early next month and will be able to give you detailed HomeSeer experience.

Comment

FWIW My battery devices do update daily, and they are all still at 100%. For those who's devices are not updating, do you have the "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" option unchecked, and what are your polling and wake-up intervals? I have a polling interval of 12 hours on the battery device and I believe the wake-up interval is still at the default which is also 12 hours AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

It would look like this. Substitute your device reference for the first argument (1605) and the desired value for the second (0).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	354
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1321079
                  Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                  FWIW My battery devices do update daily, and they are all still at 100%. For those who's devices are not updating, do you have the "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" option unchecked, and what are your polling and wake-up intervals? I have a polling interval of 12 hours on the battery device and I believe the wake-up interval is still at the default which is also 12 hours AFAIK.
                  Thanks guys. I think I solved the problem with the battery. Even though the sensor was new, it looks like it was a bad battery. I put a new one in, and it instantly reported 100% battery. I also implemented the script to reset the tamper warning.

This is consistent with the response I got from Ecolink support--something about HS3 doesn't clear the tamper warning: "my name is ***** with Eco-Link, from what I can gather the battery should be reporting after a few hours of operation. In regards to the notification I see reports of the issue mentioned in previous emails. In regards the tamper we have had previous emails in regards to that and it has to do with how the Homeseer software handles the sensor. It does not seem to send a reset command automatically for a tamper. This is something that would have to be corrected in the Homeseer software, in the mean time it looks like there should be a way to set an automatic event to reset the value in the Homeseer software."

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I solved the problem with the battery. Even though the sensor was new, it looks like it was a bad battery. I put a new one in, and it instantly reported 100% battery. I also implemented the script to reset the tamper warning.

This is consistent with the response I got from Ecolink support--something about HS3 doesn't clear the tamper warning: "my name is ***** with Eco-Link, from what I can gather the battery should be reporting after a few hours of operation. In regards to the notification I see reports of the issue mentioned in previous emails. In regards the tamper we have had previous emails in regards to that and it has to do with how the Homeseer software handles the sensor. It does not seem to send a reset command automatically for a tamper. This is something that would have to be corrected in the Homeseer software, in the mean time it looks like there should be a way to set an automatic event to reset the value in the Homeseer software."
                    Thanks fro the update. From my perspective, the device should send an update on the tamper alarm when the cover is replaced. Not sure why Ecolink thinks that HS should send a reset as there's no way for it to know whether the cover has actually been put back on.

Comment

From a security point of view (it is a tamper alert after all) it does make sense that the reset comes from HomeSeer as it would be an authorized user performing this, versus person-that-triggered-tamper-alert putting cover back and being able to clear alarm.

Comment

Working...
                      X