Battery life and two reporting scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery life and two reporting scenarios

When using the Aeon Labs sensors I have them set up two ways in the house. Some report temp (and all other settings) every 15 minutes. And then one of them, a new one, I setup to report temp every 15 mins and all other settings every hour. Are these essentially the same from a battery usage perspective?

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    When using the Aeon Labs sensors I have them set up two ways in the house. Some report temp (and all other settings) every 15 minutes. And then one of them, a new one, I setup to report temp every 15 mins and all other settings every hour. Are these essentially the same from a battery usage perspective?
    I think that in theory the battery drain will be slightly less with the second scenario as the device can go back to sleep quicker. However, whether it makes any difference in practice, there’s only one way to find out, try it. It will be interesting to see what you find as battery life is not one of this devices strongest features🙁

If you use my SDJ-Health plug-in then you can record the battery history of the devices and see how they compare over their life.

Steve

Comment

I have downloaded the plugin and will try it out. Incidentally changing the settings on the Aeon Labs to 15 minute intervals just for the temp sensor didn't work. It is still reporting once an hour. I moved the temp sensor to group 2 and set that polling to 15 mins. Didn't work. I will have to experiment with this a little.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
        I have downloaded the plugin and will try it out. Incidentally changing the settings on the Aeon Labs to 15 minute intervals just for the temp sensor didn't work. It is still reporting once an hour. I moved the temp sensor to group 2 and set that polling to 15 mins. Didn't work. I will have to experiment with this a little.
        I've just replied to this on your other thread. You will need to change the wakeup interval to 15 minutes as well as the reporting interval if it is running on batteries. Note there ,is no polling involved the sensor sends the readings it isn't polled by HS.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X