Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to schedule a restart of z-wave plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to schedule a restart of z-wave plugin?

Since about a month, I have been experiencing intermittent problems with z-wave, either with z-wave errors in the log, or sometimes with commands seemingly just not executed. If I stop and restart the z-wave plugin, the problem is cured.

Naturally, the best thing would be to try and understand why I have this problem and fix it - but I'm not sure what to do. Otherwise, a band-aid fix (which the purists probably wouldn't approve of) might be to simply create a scheduled event that stops and restarts the z-wave plugin on a regular basis.

Can this be done? Thanks for your tips.

Yes, Jon00 has a plugin shutdown/startup utility: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...isable-utility
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I should have guessed Jon00 would have something for this!

Thanks for the heads-up......

Comment

Did you already fixed the rootcause? Have the same problem since a few months ago. I did a complete reinstall of windows 10, update to the latest (beta) plugin and reverse it back to the stable version. No result until now. I use a uzb device . After restarting the zwave interface i works again

Comment

I wonder if it is the Plugin which hangs or the USB port?

Comment

Sometimes i have this. The zave plugin is a 100% or more..and stay there. plugin and replugin the zwave usbstick manually resolve the issue.

I could make up something via mqtt to watch the zwave plugin cpu % . So when it is more than 70% for x time. send a linux command to restart the usb interface.

not sure if this will work . Next time i got this problem i will attempt to send the command via the console , and see what is happening.

- I know the z wave sticks are usb2. And i use a usb3 extention. Maybe it is making some noise. and I didn't chek if i plugged the stick in a usb3 or two. Have to see my mb manual for that.

edit: seems like It was connected to a usb2 port. So, i don't know. Maybe the extension cord is too long

Comment

Working...
            X