Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wave errors when checking settings of Aeon Labs Multi Sensor 6 when it is not awake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wave errors when checking settings of Aeon Labs Multi Sensor 6 when it is not awake

I have noticed that if I check the Z-wave settings on my Aeon Labs sensor when it is not awake I get a series of repeating errors in the log and a blank screen in the Z-wave tab of the device. Most devices it simply states that it cannot contact the device and recovers gracefully. What is different about this particular device? I don't have another multi-sensor 6 in the house but I do have older models and they work fine.

Mar-17 8:04:22 AM Warning Plugin Z-Wave is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Mar-17 8:04:11 AM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin Z-Wave, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Mar-17 8:03:52 AM Warning Plugin Z-Wave is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Mar-17 8:03:49 AM Error Calling ConfigDevice in plugin Z-Wave:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have two of them and just tried on both. I get no errors in my log. They do take longer trying to talk before giving me "make sure the device is powered on" than other z-wave battery devices. They are the only z-wave plus battery powered devices I have and that might be why they try longer or maybe it's because they have more sensors and settings?
    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Thanks - must be something with my installation. Incidentally, did you change the polling intervals of the sensors? I tried moving temp to group 2 and polling every 15 mins and it did not work. It accepted the changes and now displays the new polling interval but it still reports every 60 mins.

Comment

I didn't change polling, I did change reporting on Lux, and humidity. I pushed them to be longer and have a higher threshold of change before reporting. Since I don't really use those in events I haven't been tracking if they actually changed the reporting.

EDIT:
        I cannot remember if it does, did you also check if temp has "% of change" to report temp setting.
        HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
        Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
          Thanks - must be something with my installation. Incidentally, did you change the polling intervals of the sensors? I tried moving temp to group 2 and polling every 15 mins and it did not work. It accepted the changes and now displays the new polling interval but it still reports every 60 mins.
          You shouldn't need to do any polling with these sensors they report to HS based on their settings. You can turn off any polling set in HS.

I have a number of these sensors but only one running on batteries. As regards the reporting and groups, my memory is that it all makes sense for the ones running on power but when battery operated it is a little confusing. On batteries the interval for sending reports can be no less than the WakeUp interval. So, if you set a reporting interval at say 15 minutes but the WakeUp interval is still at the default of 60 minutes you will only get reports every 60 minutes. To get reports at 15 minutes you need to also reduce the WakeUp interval to 15 minutes. So the reporting intervals basically send the report the next time the device wakes after the reporting interval is reached. I hope that makes sense.

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X