Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

z-wave lock management (No more user codes, max is -1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z-wave lock management (No more user codes, max is -1)

I'm having problems adding user pin codes via the z-wave lock management screen.

I was able to add one code to each lock, but upon trying to add a second pin code, I get either
    "No more user codes, max is -1"
    or
    "No more user codes, max is 0"

Click image for larger version

Name:	homeseer-zwave.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1299134
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

There is a function in the z-wave plugin that asks the lock for the number of pin codes supported. Your lock must not be returning a proper value for it. What type of lock is it? You could try the following script and see what it returns or whether you get an error.

Code:
    Sub Main(parms As String)
        Dim ConfigResult As String = ""
        ConfigResult = hs.PluginFunction("Z-Wave", "", "LockUserCodesMax", {NodeID,InterfaceID})
        hs.WriteLog("Lock Check",ConfigResult)
    End Sub
    Replace NodeID with the z-wave node # for your lock, and the InterfaceID with the value found in z-wave.ini
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1149 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Code:
      Sub Main(Parm As Object)
          Dim ConfigResult As String = "" 
          Dim InterfaceID As String = hs.GetINISetting("Interfaces", "IFace_0_Unique", "", "Z-Wave.ini")
          Dim NodeID As String = "24"
          ConfigResult = hs.PluginFunction("Z-Wave", "", "LockUserCodesMax", {NodeID,InterfaceID})     
          hs.WriteLog("Lock Check",ConfigResult)
      End Sub
      The result for this lock is -1
      Lock Check { "Response":"-1" }

The other lock node reports:
      Lock Check { "Response":"0" }
      So that's clearly why it's doing that...

The locks show up as these:
      24 Full Name: Node 24 Z-Wave IR Security Safety Entry Control Polling: Polling Disabled
      Manufacturer:
      Ingersoll Rand Security & Safety
      Type:
      0x6341
      ID:
      0x5044
      Listens:
      Yes (Beam 1000ms)
      Version: 3.42 (ZDK 4.54.1) Firmware: 113.22 Neighbor Count:
      Speed:
      40Kbps
      Neighbors: 5, 6, 13, 15, 16, 17, 19, 23
      Last Working Route: 15 (40K) Set Route:
      Uses Interface: Z-NET (1) Basic Type: ROUTING SLAVE, Generic Type: ENTRY CONTROL, Specific Type: SECURE KEYPAD DOOR LOCK
      Command Classes:
      Supported: Application Status(V 1), Manufacturer Specific, Firmware Update Md, Security, Version
      Supported Secure: Antitheft, Association, Basic, Battery(Ver 1), Configuration, Door Lock(Ver 2), Notification(Ver 3), User Code
      Child Device: Application Status CC: Application Status Polling: Polling Disabled
      Child Device: Battery CC: Battery Polling: Polling Interval: 12h, 0m, 0s
      Child Device: Door Lock CC: Door Lock Ver: 2 Polling: Polling Interval: 20m, 26s
      Child Device: Access Control Notification CC: Notification Ver: 3 Polling: Polling Disabled
      Child Device: Home Security CC: Notification Ver: 3 Polling: Polling Disabled
      Child Device: Power Management Notification CC: Notification Ver: 3 Polling: Polling Disabled
      Child Device: System Notification CC: Notification Ver: 3 Polling: Polling Disabled

2 Full Name: Node 2 Z-Wave IR Security Safety Entry Control Polling: Polling Disabled
      Manufacturer:
      Ingersoll Rand Security & Safety
      Type:
      0x6341
      ID:
      0x5044
      Listens:
      Yes (Beam 1000ms)
      Version: 3.42 (ZDK 4.54.1) Firmware: 128.22 Neighbor Count:
      Speed:
      40Kbps
      Neighbors: 1, 5, 6, 13, 15, 17, 19
      Last Working Route: Direct (40K) Set Route:
      Uses Interface: Z-NET (May change next Optimize) Basic Type: ROUTING SLAVE, Generic Type: ENTRY CONTROL, Specific Type: SECURE KEYPAD DOOR LOCK
      Command Classes:
      Supported: Application Status(V 1), Manufacturer Specific, Firmware Update Md, Security, Version
      Supported Secure: Antitheft, Association, Basic, Battery(Ver 1), Configuration, Door Lock(Ver 2), Notification(Ver 3), User Code

I thought they were the same model, I just went back to Amazon to confirm what they were:

Node 2, the amazon description said BE469 CAM 716 (BE469NXCAM716)

Node 24, it's either the BE369NXCAM619 or the BE469NX-CAMRF I have a couple that I didn't install yet, so it was one of those and I can't check until I get home tonight.

I have 3 more to install, that are likely the BE469NX-CAMRF but I don't want to touch them until I've got these two locks working right.

Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

What version of the z-wave plugin are you running? If not the latest beta, give that a try. Supposedly there were some fixes in the plugin for the BE469 locks recently.

Comment

3.0.1.261, which appears to be the latest beta.
          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
            3.0.1.261, which appears to be the latest beta.
            In that case, I would email support@homeseer.com to generate a help desk ticket.

Comment

Solved...
              In all likely hood, the znet was too far when adding the locks the first time. Strange that it worked and there was no glaring indication that it only sorta worked.

I added the first lock last summer and I know my znet was within 10 feet, whichever. Removing both locks and re-adding them worked.

This time I moved the znet to battery power and looped it around the door knob while I dropped and re-added.
              Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Working...
              X