Zooz ZEN-25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zooz ZEN-25

Trying out the Zooz ZEN25 dual z-wave plus switch.

I've added it, it took a few tries before everything showed up right. The first time it was listing Volts3,Amps3, and Watts 3... The second time it only had 8 child devices, and didn't have the Volts/Amps/Watts for switch 1. Third time is a charm, but...

What is that switch 3?

Click image for larger version

Name:	zooz-zen25.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	1299247

I know this switch also supports some things like timers and on off recovery after power failure. Second question, how does one go about getting to those setting via homeseer?
    http://getzooz.com/zooz-zen25-double-plug.html
    http://www.getzooz.com/downloads/zoo...n25-manual.pdf

Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

The parameters can be set under the Settings section in the Z-Wave tab for the root device.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1965 Devices 1146 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Switch three turns on and off when you're charging a device.it's a notification device. Mine has an one off toggle, doesn't work though.
      at $25 it was a bargin. Zooz has good stuff.
      Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435
      Hometroller S6 | Devices: 601 | Events: 202
      Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .190 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3
      BLLAN | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by BlairG View Post
        Switch three turns on and off when you're charging a device.it's a notification device. Mine has an one off toggle, doesn't work though.
        Neat feature. I'll check mine out tonight. I think I could probably do something interesting with that. Like remind me to plug in my phone if I've forgot.
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          The parameters can be set under the Settings section in the Z-Wave tab for the root device.
          Is that the same as setting a Configuration Parameter Value in the event system? So I take it you have to look up all of these values and understand what they mean.

Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Originally posted by BlairG View Post
            Where did you find one for $25? That is a great price!
            I think I paid $35 or so for mine and it was a real space saver. I control a corner light with one outlet and my shades with the other.

zimmer62 I had a similar situation when I set my dual outlet Zooz module up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post

Where did you find one for $25? That is a great price!
              I think I paid $35 or so for mine and it was a real space saver. I control a corner light with one outlet and my shades with the other.
              This place has pretty good prices on zooz products. I've ordered from them once and everything went fine. I have no affiliation with them.

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collections/zooz

Comment

The Smartest House is the owner (I think) of Zooz. They had the dbl plug on sale like 40% off
                Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435
                Hometroller S6 | Devices: 601 | Events: 202
                Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .190 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3
                BLLAN | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
                  Is that the same as setting a Configuration Parameter Value in the event system? So I take it you have to look up all of these values and understand what they mean.
                  Yes.
                  HS 3.0.0.548: 1965 Devices 1146 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

The device is missing a switch in Homeseer though.
                    I had opened a ticket with Zooz about it, there should be a combined switch that controls both the L and R outlets. This switch is missing in Homeseer.
                    They stated it's in other hubs and they've tried to reach out to Homeseer without success.

I opened a ticket with Homeseer about it and they said they'd look into it, but they didn't have that device in house to test. :-\
                    I offered up any logs or help I could provide to resolve the issue, but they didn't seem to be overly concerned about it.

I tried to tie the L to the R by using a Linked Device, but this didn't seem to always work and it definitely wasn't synchronous. So a single Zwave command controlling both via 1 switch would be a much better solution.

I had planned to use this to control some under cabinet lights that were installed before we moved in.

Comment

Working...
                    X