Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zwave Audio Chime Device Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave Audio Chime Device Recommendation?

I was wondering does anyone know of any Z Wave device they could recommend that would be able to sound an audible chime when a particular door/window sensor was opened and closed?

I have seen devices out there but they seem to be siren only and not just like a normal doorbell like chime.

Mainly want to put the device in the bedroom so if my daughter opens or closes her bedroom door I will get a audible chime and will know.

Thanks

I like the sound of the original X-10 chime (not the later versions so much). You could use Homeseer to control X-10 chimes in response to Z-Wave device triggers. Or have a relay that operates a wired doorbell type chime.Or have Homeseer play a chime tone through a speaker. I don't see much advantage to looking for a nice sounding Z-Wave chime which probably doesn't exist anyway.

Comment

The only useful one I have found is the Dome Siren/Chime. It has quite a few different sounds and volumes that are set through z-wave parameters. Here's a script that controls those parameters, although the parameters could be set using z-wave actions in events too: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...e-siren-script
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Dome makes a Z-Wave siren/beeper/chime that will do exactly what you want.
        Check out this thread --> https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...e-siren-script
        sparkman wrote a ridiculously awesome script that unlocks the hidden potential of the Dome siren.

I have one and do exactly what you're asking - I monitor the doors when the house is in AWAY mode and it beeps as an audible deterrent and as a reminder for my kids to put the house back into HOME mode.

The Dome siren has beeps, beep-beep, siren, buzzer and many chimes/melodies.
        I bought mine on Amazon.

EDIT: sparkman and I were replying at the same time.
        Dan-O
        HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

The ZW056 can be loaded with different MP3 ringtones, and works well.

I just delete all the included ringtones and install the one I want, very straight forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamijerry View Post
            The ZW056 can be loaded with different MP3 ringtones, and works well.

I just delete all the included ringtones and install the one I want, very straight forward.
            Pretty cool.
            Only one small problem. I don't seem to find a ZW056 at any of the usual places.
            Dan-O

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post

Pretty cool.
              Only one small problem. I don't seem to find a ZW056 at any of the usual places.
              Oh well...

Comment

This one? https://www.amazon.com/Dome-Automati.../dp/B01M1NLPKZ

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
                  That's the one.
                  sparkman 's script works great with it.
                  Dan-O

Comment

Rock on thanks all. I think I am going to go and try the dome.
                    Will let you all know how it goes or if I have a noob moment trying to get the script to work properly.

Comment

I'm jumping on the bandwagon and will by the same recommended one above - for the exact purpose you had described too. Will keep in touch to ensure a smooth installation!

Comment

Bit late to the party, but I figured it might be helpful to someone searching....

Aeotec have their sirens as well and just (finally) launched Gen 6 - https://aeotec.com/z-wave-siren

An alternative would also be any ChromeCast enabled device (google mini for example) and Spud's ChromeCast plugin, while it wouldn't be as loud as a dedicated siren (for alarms etc.) it does give you the benefit of playing more sounds plus you get the benefit of Text To Speak so rather than just having a chime when the door opens you can have HS say "watch it, she's on the run !!!"

Comment

Originally posted by mr.Magoo View Post
                          Bit late to the party, but I figured it might be helpful to someone searching....

Aeotec have their sirens as well and just (finally) launched Gen 6 - https://aeotec.com/z-wave-siren )
                          That's pretty cool.
                          Plus, for $70 you can get the siren with an outside button and use it as a doorbell. Comes with 30 pre-loaded sounds.
                          I think I need this to replace my doorbell.
                          Dan-O

Comment

I was holding out for the longest waiting for their Gen6 door bell which was announced in 2017-early 2018 something, passed FCC in November 2018 and NOW finally launched in June 2019 - but eventually I gave up and went a different route...

I bought a 12V backlit LED push-button ~$12 just to be fancy, a traditional button ~$10-15 (because I needed the backplate) and I hardwired the doorbell/button to a Raspberry PI Zero ($5) GPIO1 (using the existing doorbell wiring, NOTE that the doorbell transformer is no longer used) which then talks MQTT to HomeSeer.
                            The nice thing is that the 3V from the GPIO is enough to drive the LED, but the resistance in the same is not enough to trip the switch.

I use an event in HS to play a "DingDong" mp3 through ChromeCast / Google Mini.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Aeotec have a chime device too.

Personally I have my HomeSeer installed on a Raspberry Pi, a small amp plugged into its speaker port, a ceiling speaker hooked to the amp, and an Aeotec SmartSwitch powering on the amp as required. I can then output any sound file I like for any event, including recordings of Siri announcing various events. Works an absolute treat.

Comment

Working...
                              X