No announcement yet.

Andersen Verilock Translator support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's disappointing, even knowing that support was coming would be helpful. I ordered my windows with no hardware waiting for this to play out, but am ready to do something!

Comment

Originally posted by banana View Post
      I might have a potential solution to get the data off the sensors directly and route it using MQTT server.
      Can you share how you are integrating the Verilock with MQTT ? I’m assuming with the mcsMQTT plugin as part of the solution...but how are you getting the Verilock signals translated...

Comment

Originally posted by taylormia View Post

Can you share how you are integrating the Verilock with MQTT ? I’m assuming with the mcsMQTT plugin as part of the solution...but how are you getting the Verilock signals translated...
        You can get the data off verilock sensors using software defined radio. Then post that into mqtt. My windows are being installed atm. I'll try to get working solution in December. Did you contact hs about proper implementation?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks. I’ve been reading up on SDR and yes, I believe there is a way to get the status of a Verilock sensor to HS3 via MQTT. Here’s what I found:
          The Verilock sensors use the same protocol as the Honeywell Door Sensor which work at 345 MHz.
          You can use an RTL-SDR dongle like this one https://www.amazon.com/RTL-SDR-Blog-.../dp/B0129EBDS2 in combination with the rtl_433 software https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433 to send device status of the sensor as an MQTT topic which mcsMQTT can convert to HS3 devices.
          I’m planning on getting an Anderson sliding patio door with Verilock next spring and can only test this when that happens. But, I have purchased the RTL-SDR dongle to test on other RF sensors that I use.

It is a shame though (and frustrating) that the HS3 folks haven’t tested and certified the Verilock Translator since it is a native Zwave Plus device but I’m not surprised since they haven’t tested and certified the MIMO2+ either. Both these devices are popular with users and other home automation apps like Smarthings, Nexia, Wink, OpenHAB and Home Assistant have integrated them. I hope HomeSeer management realizes the disservice they are doing to their users by not supporting these devices. For my part, I will open a support ticket to get the Verilock Translator supported just like I did for the MIMO2+.

Comment

Thanks. I’ve been reading up on SDR and yes, I believe there is a way to get the status of a Verilock sensor to HS3 via MQTT. Here’s what I found:
            The Verilock sensors use the same protocol as the Honeywell Door Sensor which work at 345 MHz.
            You can use an RTL-SDR dongle like this one https://www.amazon.com/RTL-SDR-Blog-.../dp/B0129EBDS2 in combination with the rtl_433 software https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433 to send device status of the sensor as an MQTT topic which mcsMQTT can convert to HS3 devices.
            I’m planning on getting an Anderson sliding patio door with Verilock next spring and can only test this when that happens. But, I have purchased the RTL-SDR dongle to test on other RF sensors that I use.

It is a shame though (and frustrating) that the HS3 folks haven’t tested and certified the Verilock Translator since it is a native Zwave Plus device but I’m not surprised since they haven’t tested and certified the MIMO2+ either. Both these devices are popular with users and other home automation apps like Smarthings, Nexia, Wink, OpenHAB and Home Assistant have integrated them. I hope HomeSeer management realizes the disservice they are doing to their users by not supporting these devices. For my part, I will open a support ticket to get the Verilock Translator supported just like I did for the MIMO2+.
            This is actually what I used for testing. 433 rtl lib has some stability issues with that dongle but I got it working during my testing. When opening ticket open it with Matt. He is aware of my ticket too.

Comment

This is actually what I used for testing. 433 rtl lib has some stability issues with that dongle but I got it working during my testing. When opening ticket open it with Matt. He is aware of my ticket too.

By the way I have verilock ready to be sent to hs if they are willing to implement it.

Comment

Thanks. I’ll let you know my experience with rtl_433 after I have tested with other sensors.

Comment

Thanks. I’ll let you know my experience with rtl_433 after I have tested with other sensors.
                  Cool, thanks!
                  FYI There is a docker for rtl_433 so that may be helpful.

Also look here:
                  https://www.rtl-sdr.com/fixing-usb-r...33-monitoring/
                  https://www.hagensieker.com/wordpres...ng-supervisor/

Comment

This is actually what I used for testing. 433 rtl lib has some stability issues with that dongle but I got it working during my testing.
                    Can you share the MQTT topic outputs you got from the Verilock with rtl_433 ?
                    Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X