Andersen Verilock Translator support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andersen Verilock Translator support?

I have purchased Andersen Verilock Translator which is a Z-Wave Plus device that is supposed to translate the signals from sensors to the z-wave hub but having no luck registering the sensors in homeseer.

I was able to add the Translator to HS3 but none of the sensors show up.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.38.36 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	75.5 KB ID:	1304899

This is supposed to work with Wink, Nexia and others.

Is there a way to add support to homeseer?
    Does anyone else here have this device?

Link to wink site:
    https://www.wink.com/products/andersen-translator/

https://www.andersenwindows.com/wind...ome-solutions/

Did a quick bit of research into the Anderson Verilock system. It appears that the Translator is basically a bridge that takes whatever propriety signaling Anderson uses for their sensors and translates it to z-wave. Somehow each sensor would have to be learned into HomeSeer and a device created.

I am going to guess that it would probably require a driver or modification to HomeSeer for this to work with HomeSeer.

Comment

So I enabled debugging on homeseer zwave plugin and saw the following errors whenever I move the magnetic sensor to the window latch (simulating open window)
      May-14 20:25:33 Z-Wave Error Node Change Event for Node 9 on Network FB5F73E1, CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 but no valid devices were found. (71-05-00-00-00-FF-06-02-00-09)
      May-14 20:25:33 Z-Wave Error Node Change Event for Node 9 on Network FB5F73E1, CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 but no valid devices were found. (71-05-00-00-00-FF-06-02-00-09)
      May-14 20:25:30 Z-Wave Error Node Change Event for Node 9 on Network FB5F73E1, CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 but no valid devices were found. (71-05-00-00-00-FF-06-01-00-0A)
      May-14 20:25:30 Z-Wave Error Node Change Event for Node 9 on Network FB5F73E1, CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 but no valid devices were found. (71-05-00-00-00-FF-06-01-00-0A)
      May-14 20:25:27 Z-Wave Error Node Change Event for Node 9 on Network FB5F73E1, CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 but no valid devices were found. (71-05-00-00-00-FF-06-02-00-09)
      May-14 20:25:27 Z-Wave Error Node Change Event for Node 9 on Network FB5F73E1, CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 but no valid devices were found. (71-05-00-00-00-FF-06-02-00-09)
      May-14 20:25:24 Z-Wave Error Node Change Event for Node 9 on Network FB5F73E1, CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 but no valid devices were found. (71-05-00-00-00-FF-06-01-00-0A)
      May-14 20:25:24 Z-Wave Error Node Change Event for Node 9 on Network FB5F73E1, CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 but no valid devices were found. (71-05-00-00-00-FF-06-01-00-0A)
      May-14 20:25:21 Z-Wave Error Node Change Event for Node 9 on Network FB5F73E1, CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 but no valid devices were found. (71-05-00-00-00-FF-06-16-00-1D)
      May-14 20:25:21 Z-Wave Error Node Change Event for Node 9 on Network FB5F73E1, CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 but no valid devices were found. (71-05-00-00-00-FF-06-16-00-1D)
      May-14 20:25:18 Z-Wave Error Node Change Event for Node 9 on Network FB5F73E1, CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 but no valid devices were found. (71-05-00-00-00-FF-06-17-00-1C)
      May-14 20:25:18 Z-Wave Error Node Change Event for Node 9 on Network FB5F73E1, CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 but no valid devices were found. (71-05-00-00-00-FF-06-17-00-1C)
      May-14 20:24:55 Z-Wave Set_New_Level EXITING
      May-14 20:24:55 Z-Wave Set_New_Level FINISHING(F) COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6
      May-14 20:24:55 Z-Wave Set_New_Level, Parent: Node 9 Z-Wave Nexia Home Repeater Slave, Child:Node 9 Z-Wave System Notification 1

Comment

I am in a process of building a house and will be ordering 60+ WD200+s and many andersen windows. It would be nice to get the Verilock Sensors working. I am hoping that rjh or anyone from homeseer would be able to solve this issue. Be it through premium support or otherwise. I would love to have my HA system to revolve around HS3. If nexia, wink and others can do it there is no reason HS can't get this to work.

Comment

It does look like the sensors are compatible with some Honeywell alarm panels. You could connect the alarm panel to HomeSeer.

I do this with my Concord 4 alarm panel. All my sensors are hardwired to the alarm panel and the panel is connected to my system via a serial to USB adapter. There is a driver for the Concord 4 alarm panel. The alarm reports sensor status to HomeSeer so I have access to all my sensors for programming.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have that panel and already purchased the translator which semi-works. I would think if the software is updated it would make other customers' lives easier too. Also all these sensors are wireless. Im hoping HS can help.

Comment

Here's the link on SmartThings where they were able to make a custom DeviceHandler to work with this device. IF we (hey Rich rjh ) we were able to write custom handlers like ST and Hubitat then it would be very possible to get this to work without HST involvement. However at this time nothing can be done from the community only with a Z-Wave update can the child devices be handled.

SmartThings posting about this device is from 2017 BTW:
              https://community.smartthings.com/t/...lator/85882/32

Comment

My plan is to order over $8000 worth of HS products in the next several months and I am hoping that this could be an incentive for HST to get involved *wink*

Comment

Originally posted by banana View Post
                  Unfortunately I don't have that panel and already purchased the translator which semi-works. I would think if the software is updated it would make other customers' lives easier too. Also all these sensors are wireless. Im hoping HS can help.
                  Totally agree that it should be possible to make this work with HomeSeer. I would recommend opening a ticket with HomeSeer support.

I am doubtful that it will be a quick fix as it will require some programming to add the feature. Unfortunately, HomeSeer has made it clear that their resources are tied up on other important projects like HS4 and tablet apps, so I would not expect it soon.

I hope I am incorrect and that it is an easy fix. Please keep us posted. I would really like to know.

Comment

HS supports all the command classes that this device offers, but we may need to do something specific with the reports. Oddly I see a post with a NOTIFICATION class report, but the device docs do not say that it supports this report:

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/...s/1173/classes

Maybe one of you can get the manufacturer to send us a unit and a sensor to test with? We cannot add support without the hardware. There is probably a simple change to get this to report in HS.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      HS supports all the command classes that this device offers, but we may need to do something specific with the reports. Oddly I see a post with a NOTIFICATION class report, but the device docs do not say that it supports this report:

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/...s/1173/classes

Maybe one of you can get the manufacturer to send us a unit and a sensor to test with? We cannot add support without the hardware. There is probably a simple change to get this to report in HS.
                      I would be more than happy to send you this hardware. I will get the hardware and ship it to you at my cost. There is one condition. You first get the Fortrezz MIMO2+ that I sent to HomeSeer 8 months ago working.

Comment

drhtmal Please let me know if you're sending it in.
                        rjh If you can get this done within next 2-3 months it will be amazing. Let me know if there is anything I can do!
                        I can work back and forth with you in testing this functionality.
                        My house is being built as we speak and I should be ordering lots of switches most likely within next 2 months once framing goes up.

Comment

Just to update everyone.
                          I am still in contact with HS Support.
                          They tried reaching out to an engineer to try to submit a ticket for support, but haven't heard from them for over a week.

rjh is there a chance that engineers could look into supporting this device any time soon, within the next two months?
                          I am on standby and will ship you the device as soon as you need it.

Comment

Any update on Verilock compatibility? I need to order window hardware for my windows and was considering the Verilock option.

Comment

I have been messaging HS support every so often and the last message I got on June 25th was
                              "I appreciate your enthusiasm, but we do not have an update to offer you. We will reach out to you when we have more information though!"

To be honest I am feeling very discouraged with HS at this point. I have filed several bugs for their mobile app and got no acknowledgment.
                              And regarding the Verilock no one seems to be able to even tell me that their engineering staff will even be willing to integrate this product or any ballpark timeline. I have the translator and sensors sitting here and ready to be sent to HS at a moment's notice should they decide to complete the partial integration that exists today.

---
                              On the sidenote, I did order all of my windows with verilock and I might have a potential solution to get the data off the sensors directly and route it using MQTT server.
                              It was cheaper for me to get verilock installed during production than to install them later on.

Comment

Working...
                              X