• Show
Clear All

• codey
    replied
    amazing, thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    The two just need to be close during the replication operation itself. After that they don't need to communicate between themselves.

Leave a comment:

• codey
    replied
    Sorry for so many questions, I'm new to z-wave. So if mode the workshop controller in range of he the hall controller, and then make the workshop controller an inclusion controller. If I then move it back to it's final destination will it work as one network, or will I get issues if they can't communicate directly over RF?

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    Replication is done is done via Z-Wave RF. So you should probably have the two controllers close when trying that, and move the garage one to its final location after that.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Yes.
    Yes.

I get a better ZWave RF footprint using the ZWave dot me RPi card (larger antenna) and a PiFace RTC shime (it was my standard for use with any RPi here).

Click image for larger version  Name:	ZWavecard.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.7 KB ID:	1308546

I am in to accuracy relating to time about any of my devices. I have no dependencies on the Internet for time anyhow.
    The pictured RTC shim fits under the ZWave card on my RPis. It is much smaller looking than it appears.

Click image for larger version  Name:	RTCShim.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.9 KB ID:	1308547

My POE ZWave RPi (with card) is mounted in the attic of a 2 story home.

It's been working fine now for many years with extremes in temperatures here near Chicago.

Extreme in Attic is: - 20 ° F (- 28.88 °C) to 140 ° F (60 °C)

Nowadays you can make the POE RPI do:

1 - ZWave - ser2net
    2 - Zigbee - ser2net
    3 - make it an AP for WiFi devices using MQTT.

Here mine was doing a 1-wire network and a NOAA radio weather map reciever.

Leave a comment:

• codey
    replied
    I have a raspberry pi in the workshop, and on that I've installed ser2net and put the z-wave stick in that. Is that what you had in mind?

Can I move a device from one network to another?

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Is there a way that you can put a POE connected ZWave controller near the garage or in the garage (just for those devices)?

You can just have Homeseer 3 talk to two separate ZWave networks.

Leave a comment:

• codey
    started a topic Multiple Controllers

Multiple Controllers

I've just added a seconds controller to my homeseer setup as my want to use z-wave in my garage, and z-wave signals where not getting through. Is there a way that devices can be setup to talk to more than one controller? and is there also a way I can move devices between controllers?

I though I could do this buy making one controller an inclusion.

My main controller is called "Hall" and my new controller is called "workshop"

If I try to make workshop and inclusion controller for hall I get the following errors:

Error, the Replication Receive response object is null without reporting a normal ending - Replication Receive failed.
    Error: Error, the Replication Receive response object is null without reporting a normal ending - Replication Receive failed.

Thanks

Jim
Working...
X