Schlage lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schlage lock

I have a new Schlage lock that supports S2 and it works for the most part but every so often it goes into unknown status and i have to unplug the batteries and that fixes it.

I also get this error regularly in my log.
    Jun-15 10:20:26 AM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Main Front Porch Front Porch Door Lock
    Jun-15 10:20:26 AM Z-Wave Error Security S2, no response from Nonce Get.

any suggestions to fix this?

I would recommend not adding the device using S2 to HS as it is problematic with the larger payloads and is only being utilized if you are using the beta Z-Wave S2 plugin which I wouldn't recommend.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

I don't use S2, but I have also received an occasional unknown status from both of my two Schlage locks.

I never had to mess with batteries to recover from unknown status. It's been awhile, but I think the locks recovered when I clicked the Reset Application Status button.

My problem appeared when the locks were fairly new, occurring perhaps every 2-3 days. Over time (a few weeks), the problem gradually disappeared altogether.

I was left with two suspicions, neither ever proved:
      • The new locks may have had slightly corroded switch contacts. If so, accumulated use may have burnished the contacts and solved the problem.
      • I have gradually been adding Z-wave devices to my network, and the additional devices may have improved communication.
      So, here are some easy suggestions to try:
      • See if you can recover from unknown status by clicking the Reset Application Status button on the device page.
      • Mechanically lock and unlock the door by twisting the knob maybe a dozen times to burnish the switch contacts.
      • Locate (at least temporarily, for testing) a known working non-battery Z-wave device near the lock to improve the mesh communication.
      • If you have Z-Seer+, use it occasionally to test communication with the Schlage node.
      I'm afraid this may not be much help. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ericg View Post
        I don't use S2, but I have also received an occasional unknown status from both of my two Schlage locks.

I never had to mess with batteries to recover from unknown status. It's been awhile, but I think the locks recovered when I clicked the Reset Application Status button.

My problem appeared when the locks were fairly new, occurring perhaps every 2-3 days. Over time (a few weeks), the problem gradually disappeared altogether.

I was left with two suspicions, neither ever proved:
        • The new locks may have had slightly corroded switch contacts. If so, accumulated use may have burnished the contacts and solved the problem.
        • I have gradually been adding Z-wave devices to my network, and the additional devices may have improved communication.
        So, here are some easy suggestions to try:

I go with suspicion number two.

I have several of these locks, one at extreme range from the controller. I only got it installed by putting two usb powered aeotec multisensors (because when usb powered, they are repeaters) equidistant between the door and the controller and then optimizing them at their new locations. That's when everything went like Schlage tells you it should. Once it was installed, I experienced dropouts, and had to reinstall it twice until I installed a repeating ZWave light switch in the room.

Comment

The z wave transmitter on these locks is very low power. The fact that it tells you in the instructions to pair it within 10 ft of your z wave controller should tell you something. I can echo what has been said. I had lots of communication problems with mine until I got a few other z wave devices in between. Been rock solid ever since.

Comment

Working...
          X