No announcement yet.

Aeotec Doorbell 6 - Sound Control Child Device Unknown CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catching up with this thread as I'm probably gonna place an order for a doorbell in the coming week.

GadgetBoySI Any news from Aeotec or HS?

Comment

Thanks guys for the hint on updating to the beta version of the z-wave plugin. I now have the sound controller tab. I still have the issue with not all the child devices detected and maybe it is a reason for only being able to only see 2 different tune option rather than the supposed 30...
      Subscribing to this thread as apparently we are waiting an answer from homeseer.

Comment

When this device is successfully integrated with Homeseer, will the Aeotec Siren 6 work in a similar fashion?

Comment

Great. I’ve just ordered one of these. I knew I shouldn’t have without checking the forums, but I did anyway🤦‍♂️
          Anyone got this working fully yet??

Cheers

J

Comment

I installed mine today. First tried to add it secure, but only had 3 devices showing up with no control. Then I added it non-secure and I am able to change or try out all chimes but non of them plays when I press the doorbell button. I can only change volume and not melody/chime. Tried to look at the parameters settings but that is not made for people to understand....at least not me..

Two things I am hoping to change:

-Turn of the movement burglar alarm. If I barely touch the device the alarm goes off.
            - Be able to set the chime volume depending on time of the day,. ex 10% at night and 60% at daytime
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sturesvendsen View Post
              I installed mine today. First tried to add it secure, but only had 3 devices showing up with no control. Then I added it non-secure and I am able to change or try out all chimes but non of them plays when I press the doorbell button. I can only change volume and not melody/chime. Tried to look at the parameters settings but that is not made for people to understand....at least not me..

Two things I am hoping to change:

-Turn of the movement burglar alarm. If I barely touch the device the alarm goes off.
              - Be able to set the chime volume depending on time of the day,. ex 10% at night and 60% at daytime
              I just did the same and got the same results as you. From what I have done I activated the motion alarm and determined which item was activated. I then set this to mute audio and every time it activated no siren comes out. I guess that even though the control states that it is muted you need to select mute audio, maybe switch between 2 states, to get it to mute. Mine was Sound Control 2.

Comment

Hi,
                I just did what "sturesvendsen" and "CyberRad" did (above), so now I can at least change volume of all devices through HomeSeer. Thanks for the information! I have just been in contact with Aeotec though, asking how I change “sound” for “Ring Button 1” and they said that ”You'll need to send a control of "Sound Switch" or "Sound Control" to endpoint 3 for button #1. At this time HomeSeer isn't able to directly do this, but since you are using a Z-Stick S2, I can advise a method to change it. That method was to use the Zensys tool. After installation, I can now change the “sound” per “Ring button”, using that tool.

Comment

Aeotec support has been very helpful when I wrote to them about this. Although I have not yet been able to verify, here is their recipe to set the default tones and volume for each of the 8 channels:

1. Download Zensys Tools here: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/helpdes...nts/6091420613
                  2. Close Software that is linked to Z-Stick Gen5
                  3. Unzip Zensys Tools file, and open the .exe file.
                  4. Click and highlight your Doorbell 6 (in our image, it is Node #3)
                  5. Select "Node Info" button (4th button on the left)

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.png
Views:	1224
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	1327291

6. Now open up "Command Class" tab on the right side of the software
                  7. Select:

Command Classes: "COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_V2"
                  Command Name: "MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP"

8. Input these Values:

Source End Point: 00 // leave as default
                  Res: 00 //Don't touch this, this does nothing.
                  Destination Endpoint: 03 // Button #1 endpoint of Siren or Doorbell 6, you can use this to control sound of your button or other alarm options
                  Bit address: 00
                  Command Class: 79 //Sound Switch Command Class
                  Command: 05 //Sound Switch Configuration Set Command
                  Parameter: 2801 //Volume 28 (as = 40%) Sounds #05 (as 05)
                  • Volume is a range between 00 - 65 (in hex which is 0 - 100 in decimal or easily seen as 0 - 100%)
                  • Sound can be a range between 00 - 1E (or decimal value of 1 - 30 or sound #1 - 30).
                    • Example, Sound = 06, Volume = 0A (10%)
                      • Parameter: 0A 06

Name:	unnamed-2.png
Views:	1148
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1327292

My hunch is that, ultimately, this does nothing other than set a parameter on the device. If so, it would be helpful if their documentation would contain that level of detail so the changes can be made directly from HS3.

I'll update when I've had a chance to verify this approach works.

Comment

Originally posted by Wimster View Post
                    Aeotec support has been very helpful when I wrote to them about this. Although I have not yet been able to verify, here is their recipe to set the default tones and volume for each of the 8 channels:

1. Download Zensys Tools here: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/helpdes...nts/6091420613
                    2. Close Software that is linked to Z-Stick Gen5
                    3. Unzip Zensys Tools file, and open the .exe file.
                    4. Click and highlight your Doorbell 6 (in our image, it is Node #3)
                    5. Select "Node Info" button (4th button on the left)

Name:	unnamed.png
Views:	1224
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	1327291

6. Now open up "Command Class" tab on the right side of the software
                    7. Select:

Command Classes: "COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_V2"
                    Command Name: "MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP"

8. Input these Values:

Source End Point: 00 // leave as default
                    Res: 00 //Don't touch this, this does nothing.
                    Destination Endpoint: 03 // Button #1 endpoint of Siren or Doorbell 6, you can use this to control sound of your button or other alarm options
                    Bit address: 00
                    Command Class: 79 //Sound Switch Command Class
                    Command: 05 //Sound Switch Configuration Set Command
                    Parameter: 2801 //Volume 28 (as = 40%) Sounds #05 (as 05)
                    • Volume is a range between 00 - 65 (in hex which is 0 - 100 in decimal or easily seen as 0 - 100%)
                    • Sound can be a range between 00 - 1E (or decimal value of 1 - 30 or sound #1 - 30).
                      • Example, Sound = 06, Volume = 0A (10%)
                        • Parameter: 0A 06

Name:	unnamed-2.png
Views:	1148
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1327292

My hunch is that, ultimately, this does nothing other than set a parameter on the device. If so, it would be helpful if their documentation would contain that level of detail so the changes can be made directly from HS3.

I'll update when I've had a chance to verify this approach works.
                    Are you able to change the volume to 0% ? I was hoping that when I press the ring button Homeseer only changes status for Sound Control 3 and goes back to idle. Then I could choose any of the other Sound Controls depending on what ringtone and level I want to choose because all Sound Controls other than 3 will stay if I change ringtone or volume. I can trigger one of the ringtone to ring in a event triggered by ring button but then I would need to mute the default Sound Control 3..

Comment

Not tried it yet sturesvendsen but considering the

Volume is a range between 00 - 65 (in hex which is 0 - 100 in decimal or easily seen as 0 - 100%)
                      It should work (and will also allow you to silence the tamper alarm once and for all).

One thing I have noticed is that in the HS events, I cannot trigger on the Sound Control # ON/OFF status change which is a pain and would be needed to do this cleanly.

Comment

I'm guessing that the technique outlined in this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...a-zwave-device, can be used to send those values to the device from a HS script.
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Just following up on this thread.

Is the device now fully supported under Homeseer? Can you kick off different tones and volumes in events?

Comment

+1 I too wonder if the doorbell now has basic functionality in HS? What I'm looking for:

- Trigger event in HS when button is pressed
                            - Change ring tone for button 1 from HS (if possible own mp3)
                            - Change ring tone volume for button 1 from HS
                            - Trigger alarm sound from HS (if possible own mp3)

Appreciate any feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
                              +1 I too wonder if the doorbell now has basic functionality in HS? What I'm looking for:

- Trigger event in HS when button is pressed
                              - Change ring tone for button 1 from HS (if possible own mp3)
                              - Change ring tone volume for button 1 from HS
                              - Trigger alarm sound from HS (if possible own mp3)

Appreciate any feedback!
                              The device doesn’t support custom sounds. Limitation of the device.

we need full control for the other features.

Comment

mik3 You're right about the absence of custom sound support. It's the gen5 that had that feature.

As it is a bit pricey I think I will wait and see if the support in HS improves or if a better option comes up.

Comment

Working...
                                X