No announcement yet.

Aeotec Doorbell 6 - Sound Control Child Device Unknown CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catching up with this thread as I'm probably gonna place an order for a doorbell in the coming week.

GadgetBoySI Any news from Aeotec or HS?

Comment

Thanks guys for the hint on updating to the beta version of the z-wave plugin. I now have the sound controller tab. I still have the issue with not all the child devices detected and maybe it is a reason for only being able to only see 2 different tune option rather than the supposed 30...
      Subscribing to this thread as apparently we are waiting an answer from homeseer.

Comment

When this device is successfully integrated with Homeseer, will the Aeotec Siren 6 work in a similar fashion?

Comment

Great. I’ve just ordered one of these. I knew I shouldn’t have without checking the forums, but I did anyway🤦‍♂️
          Anyone got this working fully yet??

Cheers

J

Comment

I installed mine today. First tried to add it secure, but only had 3 devices showing up with no control. Then I added it non-secure and I am able to change or try out all chimes but non of them plays when I press the doorbell button. I can only change volume and not melody/chime. Tried to look at the parameters settings but that is not made for people to understand....at least not me..

Two things I am hoping to change:

-Turn of the movement burglar alarm. If I barely touch the device the alarm goes off.
            - Be able to set the chime volume depending on time of the day,. ex 10% at night and 60% at daytime
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sturesvendsen View Post
              I installed mine today. First tried to add it secure, but only had 3 devices showing up with no control. Then I added it non-secure and I am able to change or try out all chimes but non of them plays when I press the doorbell button. I can only change volume and not melody/chime. Tried to look at the parameters settings but that is not made for people to understand....at least not me..

Two things I am hoping to change:

-Turn of the movement burglar alarm. If I barely touch the device the alarm goes off.
              - Be able to set the chime volume depending on time of the day,. ex 10% at night and 60% at daytime
              I just did the same and got the same results as you. From what I have done I activated the motion alarm and determined which item was activated. I then set this to mute audio and every time it activated no siren comes out. I guess that even though the control states that it is muted you need to select mute audio, maybe switch between 2 states, to get it to mute. Mine was Sound Control 2.

Comment

Hi,
                I just did what "sturesvendsen" and "CyberRad" did (above), so now I can at least change volume of all devices through HomeSeer. Thanks for the information! I have just been in contact with Aeotec though, asking how I change “sound” for “Ring Button 1” and they said that ”You'll need to send a control of "Sound Switch" or "Sound Control" to endpoint 3 for button #1. At this time HomeSeer isn't able to directly do this, but since you are using a Z-Stick S2, I can advise a method to change it. That method was to use the Zensys tool. After installation, I can now change the “sound” per “Ring button”, using that tool.

Comment

Working...
                X