Aeotec Doorbell 6 - Sound Control Child Device Unknown CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Doorbell 6 - Sound Control Child Device Unknown CC

Recently picked up a Doorbell 6, but the experience has been less than stellar thus far. Most problematic, the Sound Control child device is entirely uncontrollable via HS3. This device controls everything from volume to chime tone for the doorbell. In the attached you can see that HS3 isn't associating a command class with the child device. Believe this should be SoundSwitch, which at least seems to exist as of plugin v.252. I'm also now regularly seeing the following error in the logs:
    Jun-23 12:14:34 Z-Wave Error Error determining number of valves for creating devices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Any suggestions? I've excluded/included multiple times but always end up with the uncontrolled child device. System is HS3 .500 on Linux, Z-Wave Plugin 3.0.2.261.

I recently purchased one of these as well. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to change the volume or the tone. I don't believe there is a way to do it from the physical device either, which is odd. It's registering in my log when the doorbell is pressed, it's just way too loud. My node information looks to be the same as yours. I'm wondering which one of the devices that were created when I added the device to Homeseer is the device that would allow for the control of the parameters.

There is a spec file >here<

I also noticed that once plugged in, if you move the device, there is a security alarm that fires that is pretty annoying.

Are these the devices you are seeing upon adding the doorbell to Homeseer?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-06-30 08_31_18-HomeSeer Web Control.png
Views:	1978
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1313304

Comment

I'm seeing similar devices, but not identical. Most interesting is the difference in the control for the "Sound Control" device.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 10.49.27 .png
Views:	1998
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1313322

Can you look at the Node Properties and see what Command Class is being associated with the Sound Control device? Can you share the firmware rev of your doorbell and the details of your Homeseer setup? Above is from HomeSeer 3.0.0.534 on Debian, with Z-Wave plugin 3.0.2.261.

From reading the Aeotec documentation, I have a pretty good sense of how the device control is supposed to work, but I don't see any evidence (at least on my system) that Homeseer supports the SoundSwitch command class.

Comment

Glad to see someone discussing this device. We got it for a customer to go with their Zee S2 thinking it would be an easy addition. Discovered the same thing you have, that HS3 doesn't provide access to the remote button commands.
        I don't have the device any more otherwise I'd show the device list I got. I had the Sound Control child like Lost Guy, but also had On Off and sound controls. It let me select and play any of the 30 built in tones and also set volume level. Would have been fine if we had a Z-wave button, but we wanted to use the provided remote button.

And, yes, that tamper siren is incredibly annoying.

By the way, Smartthings looks like they incorporated it into their hub.

Maybe you guys with more time on the forum know some enterprising plug-in developer that would like to take on this project?

This is a device handler for the Aeotec Doorbell 6 (ZW162-A) Aeotec has created additional documentation for this DTH: Aeotec Doorbell 6 with SmartThings hub Although the device is functional in the new mobile app wit…

Comment

Originally posted by dweingartner View Post
          Glad to see someone discussing this device. We got it for a customer to go with their Zee S2 thinking it would be an easy addition. Discovered the same thing you have, that HS3 doesn't provide access to the remote button commands.
          I don't have the device any more otherwise I'd show the device list I got. I had the Sound Control child like Lost Guy, but also had On Off and sound controls. It let me select and play any of the 30 built in tones and also set volume level. Would have been fine if we had a Z-wave button, but we wanted to use the provided remote button.

And, yes, that tamper siren is incredibly annoying.

By the way, Smartthings looks like they incorporated it into their hub.

Maybe you guys with more time on the forum know some enterprising plug-in developer that would like to take on this project?
          Alrighty, we've got three people now on this! I'm not planning on jettisoning it just yet. I haven't had a doorbell in my house for the past 4 years, so it's at least working right now.

I have to believe there is some simple scripting that can accomplish what I want. The bell works and will do what I want - have the ability to read the status and trigger on it. I just need to adjust the volume, honestly. Hell, I'd even be happy if someone could just tell me how to do it locally... :-) The instructions are pretty poor. And there is a spec sheet that is beyond me from a scripting perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by LostGuy View Post
            I'm seeing similar devices, but not identical. Most interesting is the difference in the control for the "Sound Control" device.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 10.49.27 .png
Views:	1998
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1313322

Can you look at the Node Properties and see what Command Class is being associated with the Sound Control device? Can you share the firmware rev of your doorbell and the details of your Homeseer setup? Above is from HomeSeer 3.0.0.534 on Debian, with Z-Wave plugin 3.0.2.261.

From reading the Aeotec documentation, I have a pretty good sense of how the device control is supposed to work, but I don't see any evidence (at least on my system) that Homeseer supports the SoundSwitch command class.
            Here you go:

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 (Windows)

Name:	2019-06-30 17_47_13-192.168.10.85_8385_ZWaveWho.png
Views:	1947
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	1313398

Comment

For anyone brave enough to try, I think I figured out the AEOTEC Engineering Specification. I'd try it but I don't have the Doorbell right now (hopefully I can experiment next week). Proceed at your own risk.

Page 22-23 has the Get/Set parameters for the #1 Remote Group (Remote #2 and #3 are also there if you have multiple remotes).

Remote Parameter x03. Go to the root device, Z-wave tab, Settings, and change parameter 3 to 151062804 (decimal), 4-bytes, and Set it. This should set the Volume = 1 (leaving all other default values untouched.)

Name:	HS3 Set parameter.JPG
Views:	1908
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1313601

======SHOW MY WORK======

The second byte is the volume setting which is set to 7 by default .

Name:	Remote Setting.JPG
Views:	1936
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1313602

Click image for larger version  Name:	volume.JPG Views:	0 Size:	23.4 KB ID:	1313599

Change the parameter from 0x090709014 to 0x09010914 and convert to decimal for HS3.
              There are many online converters: I used this one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Convert.JPG Views:	0 Size:	34.2 KB ID:	1313600
              If this is correct, you can also use this method to change the tone, number of repeats, etc.

There is also a Siren setting, so you could also use the Doorbell as a Z-wave Siren. I'm assuming HS3 will allow access to the parameters in Events via "Z-Wave Actions/Set a Configuration Parameter Value."

Comment

Well, my partner tried my suggestion and it didn't work. Back to the drawing board.....

Comment

Have any of you guys tried the latest beta Z-Wave plugin as some changes for this device were added.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    Have any of you guys tried the latest beta Z-Wave plugin as some changes for this device were added.
                    I'll try tonight or tomorrow. Where can I find the latest beta for the ZWave plugin Rupp?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      I'm on the latest S2 Linux x86 beta (3.0.2.261); I don't even get the device to command class mapping for the Sound Control child device. Happy to try .262 if it comes available on the 3.0.2 branch, but I suspect there's something more fundamental wrong on the Linux side given the command class issue.

Comment

Posting here because numerous attempts to subscribe to thread over the last 2 days result in a "..database error".

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          Posting here because numerous attempts to subscribe to thread over the last 2 days result in a "..database error".
                          +1. Just installed, on HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.534 (Windows)
                          with Z-Wave 3.0.1.252 and cannot change the volume, etc. Thing's on full-blast from the manufacturer as well!

Looking forward to learning more from the community about the supportability of this new doorbell in HS3. If anyone's got ideas, do let me know. I'll poke around tonight to see what I can find as well.

Comment

Seems like we're getting some traction!

Monk - no idea the database error to subscribe - very odd.

Comment

You will want to remove the hardware from your Z-Wave interface and add it again if you updated your Z-Wave plugin to the beta release.
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                              X