Aeotec Doorbell 6 - Sound Control Child Device Unknown CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Ok, did you try the latest Beta also? .252 I think it is?

Just to confirm.

what will the latest zwave plugin do?

will it allow me to turn on and off the siren?

Comment

New updates have been made.

Release Z-Wave regular version = 3.0.1.252 (the one everybody should be technically running)

Beta Z-Wave regular version = BETA 3.0.2.0
      Beta Z-Wave with S2-security = BETA 3.0.2.261

Since the Aeotec Doorbell 6 (ZM162 with module ZM5101) supports S0, S2 unauthenticated, and S2 Authenticated you might need the BETA S2 plugin, although S0 should work fine via regular, and none of the beta updates apply to this doorbell.

The main issue you are probably dealing with is that the ZM162 normally pairs directly with up to three ZM166 buttons, and that parameter 49, 50, and 51 control this.

Are you using a ZM166, and how did you configure endpoint #3 for your primary doorbell?

For direct control make sure parameter 32 is set correct to '3' as that is probably the endpoint values you want.

Changelog:
      Changed in version 3.0.2.0 (Beta)

* Prep for HS4 version. All users will need to upgrade to this version before upgrading to the HS4 version of the pluign
      * When the plugin shuts down it updates all Z-Wave data in HS devices as a backup. This data will be used by the HS4 plugin and needs to be up to date

Changed in version 3.0.1.261 (Beta)

* Minor fixes for some older Schlage locks
      * Added partial support for the Ring keypad (not complete)

Changed in version 3.0.1.258 (Beta)

* Changed device display on HS-FC200+ fan controller to use a slider rather than buttons. This was required for Alexa support.

Changed in version 3.0.1.255 (Beta)

* Added fix for root/child association getting lost when Z-Wave plugin starts up

Full overview @ https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...notes?t=175414

Detailed explanation on S2-security version @ https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-beta?t=195699

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post
        New updates have been made.

Release Z-Wave regular version = 3.0.1.252 (the one everybody should be technically running)

Beta Z-Wave regular version = BETA 3.0.2.0
        Beta Z-Wave with S2-security = BETA 3.0.2.261

Since the Aeotec Doorbell 6 (ZM162 with module ZM5101) supports S0, S2 unauthenticated, and S2 Authenticated you might need the BETA S2 plugin, although S0 should work fine via regular, and none of the beta updates apply to this doorbell.

The main issue you are probably dealing with is that the ZM162 normally pairs directly with up to three ZM166 buttons, and that parameter 49, 50, and 51 control this.

Are you using a ZM166, and how did you configure endpoint #3 for your primary doorbell?

For direct control make sure parameter 32 is set correct to '3' as that is probably the endpoint values you want.

Changelog:
        Changed in version 3.0.2.0 (Beta)

* Prep for HS4 version. All users will need to upgrade to this version before upgrading to the HS4 version of the pluign
        * When the plugin shuts down it updates all Z-Wave data in HS devices as a backup. This data will be used by the HS4 plugin and needs to be up to date

Changed in version 3.0.1.261 (Beta)

* Minor fixes for some older Schlage locks
        * Added partial support for the Ring keypad (not complete)

Changed in version 3.0.1.258 (Beta)

* Changed device display on HS-FC200+ fan controller to use a slider rather than buttons. This was required for Alexa support.

Changed in version 3.0.1.255 (Beta)

* Added fix for root/child association getting lost when Z-Wave plugin starts up

Full overview @ https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...notes?t=175414

Detailed explanation on S2-security version @ https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-beta?t=195699
        So I changed the zwave driver out to the one recommended and did a rescan from the zwave details.

it pulled in all the sounds and volume.

I managed to put an event together that will serve its purpose for now.

however mute and unmute doesn’t work. It also doesn’t include an on and off. So once you start a sound there is no way to stop it. The work around is playing another sound. I setup sound 27 which is quite and fast.

Comment

Any chance you can shed some light on what this means? I've been trying to get this doorbell to work, but since there doesn't seem to be any way of configuring how the siren responds to the button presses of the ZM166, I gave up. Am I wrong? Is there a way to configure the response of the siren from the ZM166 button presses?

I assumed that the ZM166 is not a z-wave device, is that correct? Or is there a way to link the button directly to HS?

If not, I would greatly appreciate any input you might have on how to configure the doorbell (siren) to respond to the button presses on the ZM166.

Ideally, I would control the siren response through events, as opposed to the way it's working out of the box.

Grazie

Comment

Originally posted by richardfj View Post

Any chance you can shed some light on what this means? I've been trying to get this doorbell to work, but since there doesn't seem to be any way of configuring how the siren responds to the button presses of the ZM166, I gave up. Am I wrong? Is there a way to configure the response of the siren from the ZM166 button presses?

I assumed that the ZM166 is not a z-wave device, is that correct? Or is there a way to link the button directly to HS?

If not, I would greatly appreciate any input you might have on how to configure the doorbell (siren) to respond to the button presses on the ZM166.

Ideally, I would control the siren response through events, as opposed to the way it's working out of the box.

Grazie
            Sorry, I should of been more specific.

im only using the siren.

Comment

Originally posted by mik3y View Post

Sorry, I should of been more specific.

im only using the siren.
              no worries, I’m still hoping there is a way to get the doorbell to work ... someday 🤪

Comment

Originally posted by Wimster View Post
                Aeotec support has been very helpful when I wrote to them about this. Although I have not yet been able to verify, here is their recipe to set the default tones and volume for each of the 8 channels:

1. Download Zensys Tools here: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/helpdes...nts/6091420613
                2. Close Software that is linked to Z-Stick Gen5
                3. Unzip Zensys Tools file, and open the .exe file.
                4. Click and highlight your Doorbell 6 (in our image, it is Node #3)
                5. Select "Node Info" button (4th button on the left)

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.png
Views:	1217
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	1327291

6. Now open up "Command Class" tab on the right side of the software
                7. Select:

Command Classes: "COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_V2"
                Command Name: "MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP"

8. Input these Values:

Source End Point: 00 // leave as default
                Res: 00 //Don't touch this, this does nothing.
                Destination Endpoint: 03 // Button #1 endpoint of Siren or Doorbell 6, you can use this to control sound of your button or other alarm options
                Bit address: 00
                Command Class: 79 //Sound Switch Command Class
                Command: 05 //Sound Switch Configuration Set Command
                Parameter: 2801 //Volume 28 (as = 40%) Sounds #05 (as 05)
                • Volume is a range between 00 - 65 (in hex which is 0 - 100 in decimal or easily seen as 0 - 100%)
                • Sound can be a range between 00 - 1E (or decimal value of 1 - 30 or sound #1 - 30).
                  • Example, Sound = 06, Volume = 0A (10%)
                    • Parameter: 0A 06

Name:	unnamed-2.png
Views:	1141
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1327292

My hunch is that, ultimately, this does nothing other than set a parameter on the device. If so, it would be helpful if their documentation would contain that level of detail so the changes can be made directly from HS3.

I'll update when I've had a chance to verify this approach works.
                Did you figure out how to disable tamper alerting?

Comment

Although you cannot stop the unit from sending an event upon tampering, you can at least set the volume for the tamper alert to zero. You can do that without resorting to the Aeotec external app and just using this approach support provided (and I confirmed to work):

Onwards to disabling tamper.
                  ​1. Find "Sound Control 2"
                  2. Select "Volume at 10%" (we want to select something other than mute as it is already selected, it may not send otherwise if we don't do this).
                  3. Then Select any of the sounds below.
                  4. Now to completely disable tamper switch sound, select "Mute Sound"

Their listing of the various Sound Controls is useful:

1 = Main Playing device
                  2 = Tamper Switch sound control
                  3 = Button #1 sound control
                  4 = Button #2 sound control
                  5 = Button #3 sound control
                  6 = Environment alarm sound control
                  7 = Security Alarm sound control
                  8 = Emergency alarm sound control
                  Still hoping HS4 will add the definitive control for this Aeotec module!

Comment

Although you cannot stop the unit from sending an event upon tampering, you can at least set the volume for the tamper alert to zero. You can do that without resorting to the Aeotec external app and just using this approach support provided (and I confirmed to work):

[/B]

Their listing of the various Sound Controls is useful:

Still hoping HS4 will add the definitive control for this Aeotec module!
                    I'm using HS4, i'm not sure how to do it?

I can view a legacy device list, but still can't figure it out.

Can you post some screen shots?

Comment

Sorry, I can't since I'm still on HS3.

Comment

Sorry, I can't since I'm still on HS3.
                        Can you take a screenshot of your hs3 ?

Comment

Can you send a custom paramater using the following?

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	586
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	1363593

Comment

Originally posted by mik3y View Post
                            Can you send a custom paramater using the following?

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	586
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	1363593
                            Correct.

Leave Value (Decimal) empty (or erase existing value) and you can use the SET button to "read" the value of the selected Parameter Number. Just make sure you adjust the Value Size accordingly per the Aeotec manual, as some of the values you are after are 4-byte ones.

Then configure the value with the corresponding decimal value (you might need to convert from binary or hex to decimal, but Google or other tools will do that for ya) to SET/WRITE the parameter accordingly.

HomeSeer unfortunately does not support "device handler" files the way SmarterThings or many other controllers support, and requires physical access to a Z-Wave node at the HomeSeer office before they will add full support. Still think that is the wrong way to approach this due to the speed in which new devices are released, but at least we have the manual method to configure them.

Comment

Correct.

Leave Value (Decimal) empty (or erase existing value) and you can use the SET button to "read" the value of the selected Parameter Number. Just make sure you adjust the Value Size accordingly per the Aeotec manual, as some of the values you are after are 4-byte ones.

Then configure the value with the corresponding decimal value (you might need to convert from binary or hex to decimal, but Google or other tools will do that for ya) to SET/WRITE the parameter accordingly.

HomeSeer unfortunately does not support "device handler" files the way SmarterThings or many other controllers support, and requires physical access to a Z-Wave node at the HomeSeer office before they will add full support. Still think that is the wrong way to approach this due to the speed in which new devices are released, but at least we have the manual method to configure them.
                              This is all new to me.

is there anyway you could take a look at the manual and help ?

Comment

After reading through all these posts is there some manual way of changing the volume after button press I'm just not seeing?

Comment

Working...
                                X