Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UZB Firmware downgrade to 5.06? Any option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UZB Firmware downgrade to 5.06? Any option?

Hi.

I have stupidly updated firmware to 5.07 using z-way-server-Windows-v2.3.3. HomeSeer supports up to 5.06 version.

Do I have any option to revert back to 5.06 or do I have to buy another UZB stick?

Thank you very much

Br,
    Dali

A new one won't help you - UZB sticks have come with 5.27 out of the box for over a year now (latest being 5.32).

Comment

Thx for reply.

So what else to buy then? HS stick does not support EU freq. Aeotec? I guess i can restore the key using Aeotec backup. It works with UZB.

I need backup and restore and option to manualy delete and add notes using text editor.

What would give me that option besides UZB 5.06? Aeotec can do backup/restore from within HS?

Thx

Comment

No, it appears there are no international options for a Z-Wave stick that is 100% compatible with HomeSeer Amazes me HomeSeer don't see that as a disaster of epic proportions - I for one am looking into alternatives to HomeSeer now because of this, it's simply not acceptable to not be able to restore any of those backups we tirelessly do.

Comment

Well it's actually quite a problem to remove a dead node manually in general. Not just in Homeseer. Reading forums people have huge problems. For example it will not work using Z-Way which is native to UZB, Zensys tools... Nothing seem to be working or works just partially. Node is there and it fails to delete it. Before I upgraded to 5.07 I could do a backup, edit the text file and restore it without some nodes, but not anymore.

Anyone have any experiences with Aeotec Z-Stick
          https://aeotec.com/z-wave-usb-stick/

Does, using Aeotec Z-Stick, HS backup to this interface and restore a network to this interface works good unlike UZB firmware >5.06?

Thank you

Br,
          Dali

Comment

No restore option doesn't even exist for Aeotec in HomeSeer.

Comment

So for EU the best Z-wave option (with backup restore) is UZB stick with outdated firmware (5.06) that can not be purchased anymore? That really does not sound right.

So if I update UZB to latest 5.32, will it work with HS? I know restore will not, but other things adding/removing nodes etc...

Thank you

Br,
              Dali

Comment

Originally posted by Kdiamond View Post
                So for EU the best Z-wave option (with backup restore) is UZB stick with outdated firmware (5.06) that can not be purchased anymore? That really does not sound right.
                Exactly, hence why I'm looking to replace HomeSeer now (and so should HomeSeer themselves - a product that can be backed up but not restored is as useless as an ashtray on a motor bike).

Please lodge a support ticket with HomeSeer so they understand - at the moment they think HomeSeer being unable to do restores for the entire planet except the US only affects one customer.

Comment

Homeseer are still selling the Z-wave.me for Europe and Australia so I wonder what version they are supplying?

https://shop.homeseer.com/collections/z-wave-me
                  Jon

Comment

Well, Aeotec backup software can do backup and restore for UZB and some other Z-wave key I bought from AliExpress. It works great also between different USB dongles. No problems. So you have backup and restore only not from within HS. Good thing about HS was simple text file that you could edit and restore back without a few nodes.

But the grass is not greener elsewhere. The problem of managing nodes (excluding broken nodes, replacing nodes) is PITA in general. Not just HS. Search for others. I read other forums. People are complaining wherever you go. Don't quite understand why USB dongle should hold any info at all, rather than just transmitting the wireless data. Everything else should be processed and hosted by the software. I think it's a major Z-Wave design flaw causing so many unnecessary troubles for users.

Secondly. Troubleshooting Z-wave data traffic in HS is really not good. I have a dongle with 36 nodes that keeps communicating something.UZB Led light always ON. but HS log files and HS Z-wave plugin log file shows nothing. But zensys tools log shows activity, but also not specific NODE. So how to troubleshoot without bringing down the whole network. 1. you can not disable selected NODES. you can not Isolate nodes one by one. It's really frustrating not knowing which device out of many is jamming the network...

Br,
                    Dali

Comment

Exactly, hence why I'm looking to replace HomeSeer now (and so should HomeSeer themselves - a product that can be backed up but not restored is as useless as an ashtray on a motor bike).
                      I feel you, but about 2 years ago I tried many of the software and HS was way ahead then. Others had real delay issues even it one single NODE, while HS was instant. I loved that and it seemed really advanced, that's why I decided to buy it, rather than use some free ones. I hope I will not regret my decision.

Comment

I feel you, but about 2 years ago I tried many of the software and HS was way ahead then. Others had real delay issues even it one single NODE, while HS was instant. I loved that and it seemed really advanced, that's why I decided to buy it, rather than use some free ones. I hope I will not regret my decision.
                        Even if HomeSeer is the best product on the face of this planet for everything known to mankind, if it can only backup but not restore it might as well not exist.

Comment

You can make backups and restore using Aeotec Backup software. It works. So no worries there.

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...ackup-software

Comment

You can make backups and restore using Aeotec Backup software. It works. So no worries there.

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...ackup-software
                            Can you do a restore using Aeotec Backup but with the HomeSeer data file? My UZB was blanked by HomeSeer so making a new backup is no longer ran option, I have an erased setup, I need to restore the HomeSeer backup I have... or could I manually create an Aeotec backup file based on my HomeSeer one, do you have a sample of its format so I could maybe hack it up myself and be up and running again?!? I don't really want to spin up a VM of Windows just to find out

Even though ZME have told me HomeSeer are full of crap, this also proves it I guess... if Aeotec's backup can do a restore with the UZB, if Z-Way can do a restore using the UZB, but HomeSeer cannot... then clearly HomeSeer is the one doing something a bit different...?

Comment

I guess it's not their priority. If you find a good alternative, please let me know.

Br,
                              Dali

Comment

Working...
                              X