Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light switches - Paddle or Toggle - that is the question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by ericg View Post

    I don't have the space. There is a window to one side of the existing box, and a wall corner to the other side. I'm pretty sure that's why the builder used the triple in the first place.
    The Insteon keypad that I posted would work there, but it could only directly control one of the three loads. You'd have to add in-line modules (controlled from other keys on the keypad) to actually switch the other two loads.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by joegr View Post

      The Insteon keypad that I posted would work there, but it could only directly control one of the three loads. You'd have to add in-line modules (controlled from other keys on the keypad) to actually switch the other two loads.
      I have thought of using in-line modules controlled by (multi-tap) scene control from a single HS-WS200+. I don't presently have any Insteon, and I'd prefer to avoid it if possible.

      Can anyone recommend specific Z-wave in-line modules that are both reliable and reasonable cost?

      Comment


      • #18
        Along the lines of adding a 3-gang, if you don’t find reliable modules, can you go vertical?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by msinklair View Post
          Along the lines of adding a 3-gang, if you don’t find reliable modules, can you go vertical?
          I have this configuration at my kitchen secondary doorway. Not ideal but was all I could fit and it works. The center box is at standard height.
          -Wade

          Comment


          • #20
            You could go with aeon labs micro switches perhaps...
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

            Comment


            • #21
              One of the things I miss from my Control4 system are the 3 and 6 button keypads. They did not control a load but were really useful. Please HomeSeer, offer these and I would purchase a half dozen without blinking an eye.



              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by ericg View Post

                I have thought of using in-line modules controlled by (multi-tap) scene control from a single HS-WS200+. I don't presently have any Insteon, and I'd prefer to avoid it if possible.

                Can anyone recommend specific Z-wave in-line modules that are both reliable and reasonable cost?
                If all you want is on/off, and no dim, Qubino have a double relay module for ~$50. That'll get you on off control of two different loads. And you can wire a physical "backup" switch to it as well in case the z-wave network fails, hide the switch in a cupboard or something.

                If you have a half dozen or more loads you want to control with on/off, maybe some projects in other rooms, I'd suggest looking into an Arduino module with an ethernet shield and a relay board. Once you start getting above a certain number of circuits, the Arduino solution quickly excels at value for money.

                Comment

                Working...
                X