Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I control a virtual device with the NodOn soft remote ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I control a virtual device with the NodOn soft remote ?

I have just bought a NodOn soft remote. I bought it to control a virtual device. Is that possible ?

https://www.vesternet.com/products/z...on-soft-remote

You can create an event to then control anything else...

Nodon button pushed -> event -> control virtual device

Comment

Thats easier than i thought. I thought I could only control nodes.

Comment

What Command Classes does it support? Does it support Central Scene? You can see that info on the Node Information page in the z-wave plugin.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I haven't had a chance to include it yet. From the manual:

It has 2 distinctive working modes:
          1. «STANDALONE» MODE
          The Soft Remote can control Z-Wave® compatible devices directly, such as the
          NodOn® Smart Plug or a light dimmer, whoever is the manufacturer.
          Note: No home automation gateway is involved and necessary in this mode.
          2. «GATEWAY» MODE
          The Soft Remote is in “Gateway” Mode as soon as it is added in a Z-Wave® network
          managed by a home automation gateway. The Soft Remote becomes then the
          gateway’s assistant, capable to launch up to 16 different scenes through it (SCENE
          Profile) or directly associated to your Z-Wave® compatible devices (MONO or DUO
          Profile).

COMMAND CLASS
          The Soft Remote supports the following Command Class:
          COMMAND CLASS VERSION
          All switch* V1
          Application status* V1
          Association V2
          Association Group Information V1
          Basic* V1
          Battery V1
          Central Scene** V2
          Configuration V1
          Device Reset Locally V1
          Manufacturer Specific V2
          Multilevel Switch* V3
          Power Level V1
          Scene Activation* V1
          Version V2
          Wake-Up** V2
          Z-Wave® Plus info** V2
          * Controlled only (not supported)
          ** Controlled AND supported

I I am not sure which way to include it, hence my post here...
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            What Command Classes does it support? Does it support Central Scene? You can see that info on the Node Information page in the z-wave plugin.
            Curious why Central Scene would matter when the end point in question is a Virtual Device?

Comment

If it supports central scene you can trigger events on that. If all it can do is control other zwave nodes, you need to have it control it. The latter can then be used to trigger events to control the virtual device. If it supports central scene, you don’t need it to control a real device.
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                If it supports central scene you can trigger events on that. If all it can do is control other zwave nodes, you need to have it control it. The latter can then be used to trigger events to control the virtual device. If it supports central scene, you don’t need it to control a real device.
                So either way it's using events to control the Virtual Device.

Comment

I have included the NodOn now, in gateway mode. It does support central scene. But, I can press any button, my central scene device does not change. In the log, all I can see is a No more info message from the NodOn node when I press it. I tried creating a event, when the central scene device changes. That never triggers. I tried creating a event when a Zwave scene has been activated. That doesnt work either. I tried setting up a scene, but then I can control only nodes (which doesnt help me for what I want)

Attached Files

Comment

Should this have created more child devices ? Do I need to create scenes in HS3 to link them, if thats the case I probably cannot use the NodOn as only nodes show in the list when I try to create a scene

I am also wondering how to wake up the NodOn to see if I can set anything up in the zwave settings

Comment

Think I got it all working. For wake up, just press any button on teh remote. The I had to maually set association group 1 to Homeseer. Then it worked. Just had to add status for the scenes on the device, and it seems ok now.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                        I have included the NodOn now, in gateway mode. It does support central scene. But, I can press any button, my central scene device does not change. In the log, all I can see is a No more info message from the NodOn node when I press it. I tried creating a event, when the central scene device changes. That never triggers. I tried creating a event when a Zwave scene has been activated. That doesnt work either. I tried setting up a scene, but then I can control only nodes (which doesnt help me for what I want)
                        I just bought one - it took a little bit + a Rescan before mine would activate scenes. My devices are the same as yours.

Comment

Working...
                        X