Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update parameters on battery nodes

Hi,

I thought that changing device parameters via events should work for battery devices
    When I try, it gives an error but it should que the setting for next wake-up right ?

The way of doing this is already strange, compared to other controllers (also that current settings are not stored) ,but ok, I can live with it....
    but..... I only get the error, no parameter is changed, not even when the device wakes up.
    Am I doing something wrong ?

Originally posted by vinisz View Post
    Hi,

I thought that changing device parameters via events should work for battery devices
    When I try, it gives an error but it should que the setting for next wake-up right ?

The way of doing this is already strange, compared to other controllers (also that current settings are not stored) ,but ok, I can live with it....
    but..... I only get the error, no parameter is changed, not even when the device wakes up.
    Am I doing something wrong ?
    As far as I am aware HS doesn’t queue parameter changes for battery devices. You need to wake the device up, and keep it awake, whilst you query and set parameters. With some devices this can be tricky and usually means standing next to the device with your laptop pressing buttons whilst clicking ‘Settings’.
    Not ideal but also not something I do often so I have learned to live with it.

Steve

Comment

I hope that is not true... so I need to travel to my vacation home just to change a parameter ?
      that can’t be true..... I tought homeseer was a “pro” system (expensive enough) but all free domotica systems like domoticz and also other payed ones like the fibaro hc2 have no problems with this.... Should not be to harc to inplement right ? The system already knows when a device wakes up... and, automatic wake-up was even invented
      for this reason... to check if the device needs to change something..

Comment

Email Homeseer and ask them this feature !

Comment

Originally posted by vinisz View Post
          I hope that is not true... so I need to travel to my vacation home just to change a parameter ?
          that can’t be true..... I tought homeseer was a “pro” system (expensive enough) but all free domotica systems like domoticz and also other payed ones like the fibaro hc2 have no problems with this.... Should not be to harc to inplement right ? The system already knows when a device wakes up... and, automatic wake-up was even invented
          for this reason... to check if the device needs to change something..
          Definitely frustrating and worth emailing support as a feature request which might get in to HS4 at least.

Mostly parameter changes are made when initially setting up the device and configuring it to work with your system then left alone. But it’s not uncommon to want to tweak something later depending on the device. Configuring parameters on battery devices in HS is pretty frustrating even when the device is awake. So this is a feature ripe for improving. Queuing on it’s own, whilst useful, would only be a small step.

Just to confirm we are only talking parameter settings here, commands and polls are currently queued for wake-ups.

Comment

Working...
          X