Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configure dimming duration via event

Hi,

I am having trouble understanding some of the Z-Wave settings for my Leviton DZ1KD dimmer. I would like to have an event configure the dimming duration so I can have a slow fade on but then reset the duration to something shorter so that if the level is manually adjusted, the dimmer is not slow to respond.

This dimmer has the multilevel switch option for dimming duration and when the value is set, it works as expected. But, I can't figure out a way to configure this via an event. Here is an image of the settings available for reference:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 5.46.54 PM.png
Views:	48
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1317131

The next thing that is confusing me is I can also set the Fade on Time via a configuration parameter per the dimmer's instructions (https://products.z-wavealliance.org/...s/1956/configs) but when I set this value, it does not seem to be respected. Meaning, whatever I set it to, the switch turns on at the same speed.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 5.50.40 PM.png
Views:	32
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1317132

If I was able to get the above to work, then it would be easy to create an event to set Z-Wave parameter 1 for this device.

So, I am hoping someone can help me either (i) set the dimming duration via an event or (ii) help me figure out what I am doing wrong/ why the Z-wave configuration parameters do not seem to be respected.

Thank you!
Working...
X