In wall scene control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In wall scene control

Looking for a scene controller that is in wall and lines powered. Min 5 scenes, 6 or more better. The Cooper 5 button has been fantastic but it is not aging well. I had a weird glitch in my zwave network that Homeseer tech said is related to the age of this device (it didnt recover, everything else did).

Some how it doesn't seem anything like this devices exists. My best option is to spend $$$ and add an insteon hub, plug in and use their key pads (nice products). hate to spend money I don't need to, not to mention adding complexity for little reason.

Anybody know of a scene controller I am missing? I am using the new homeseer paddles in many locations for scene control, but really need discrete buttons for a couple locations vs multi taps.

I've kept aeotec's wallmote in the back of my mind. I have never used nor fully researched.

https://aeotec.com/z-wave-wireless-switch/
    Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
    Number of Devices: 633
    Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.54.0: BLBackup
    2.0.40.0: BLLAN
    3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
    30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
    3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
    3.0.0.87: weatherXML
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Saw that guy. Not bad looking, but battery opp and only 4 scenes

Comment

Originally posted by jordonmusser View Post
        Saw that guy. Not bad looking, but battery opp and only 4 scenes
        I don't have one but I think they support multi-tap. Their website says the 2-button controls 8 scenes and 4-button controls 16. Although battery operation still may be a deal killer for you.
        -Wade

Comment

jordonmusser

You can charge the battery with an usb cable, perhaps you can mount it with the usb cable in the wallmote

Comment

Originally posted by akatar View Post
            jordonmusser

You can charge the battery with an usb cable, perhaps you can mount it with the usb cable in the wallmote
            With it having a magnetic mounting plate its relatively easy to simply remove from the plate and recharge the mote no differently than a minimote (every x months depending on usage) and the Quad Switch which has 4 physical buttons and can control up to 16 Scenes via tap, tap and hold, slide up and slide down actions MTC. Mike
            Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
            Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
            HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I asked Aeotec support abouy keeping it plugged in to mains power.

​Unfortunately, it should not remain plugged in indefinitely, it should only remain plugged in no more than 3 hours at a time.

Plugging it in permanently will damage the battery.

--
              Cheers,
              Chris Cheng
              Field Application Engineer
              Aeotec Inc.
              www.Aeotec.com​​​​​​
              -Wade

Comment

Logichome devices has what you are looking for.
                They come in Gira sizes and some non-international spec sizes.

Logichome zhc series.

Comment

Options for Z-Wave scene controllers is very very lacking... I replaced my z-wave with Insteon and use the keypads which are nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X