Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I figure out what this device is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I figure out what this device is?

I have a device in my setup and I can't figure out what it is.

I can't scan it as it has to be woken up. The problem is I don't know which device it is - presumably I added it at some point and didn't set it up? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 10.30.16 AM.png
Views:	118
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	1328031

Looks to be some type of multisensor.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Have you tried using Z-Seer+ and generating a report for the device? The report will give you the MFG which may narrow it down for you

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
        Have you tried using Z-Seer+ and generating a report for the device? The report will give you the MFG which may narrow it down for you
        The Node Information page will also show the manufacturer if it was included properly. However, it looks like it did not include properly so that's why it shows as a Sigma device. Z-Seer gets the info from the same database as the Node Information page, so it won't show anything different.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

In the Device Manager screen be sure the address column is displayed (Tools>Custom) then click "show all" devices. Then search for "-012" and you should find it as the default addresses for HS devices associated with physical nodes are appended with a hyphen then the node number in 3 digit format.
          -Wade

Comment

Working...
          X