Use Aeotec Aeon Labs Wall Swipe + Nano Dimmer as scene controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Aeotec Aeon Labs Wall Swipe + Nano Dimmer as scene controller

I have a location where I could only have a shallow switch, did not need to control a load, but wanted to send Z-Wave signals to HomeSeer to control another device, i.e. a scene controller. I settled on a Aeotec Wall Swipe + Nano Dimmer.

When you first power up the Nano Dimmer, it tries to detect the load attached to it. If there is no load, it won't send any status update signals. I had to manually configure it to tell it what the "load" was. Once I did that, it successfully sent status updates.
    1. Install the Wall Swipe + Nano Dimmer.
    2. Add the device to your network.
    3. In HomeSeer, in the Z-Wave tab under settings, set the following. All are one byte.
    Param Number Value Description
    80 3 Send Multilevel Switch Report when state of Dimmer's load is changed.
    122 5 The touch panel is connected. Might not be required, but I did it.
    131 0 Minimum brightness.
    132 99 Maximum brightness.
    249 0 Never recognize the load when power on.
    252 1 Lock configuration parameters. Optional. I did not do this.
    Engineering specs are from https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/helpdes...nts/6102435346

I am experience the same error using Nano Switch model Model ZW139-A and WallSwipe model ZW158-Z. I can use the HS web interface to turn the Naswitch on and off , but physically toggling device for power does not update the HS status of devices. The NanoSwitch does not have a load. The WallSwipe will toggle the NanoSwitch power indicator (green/off), and the NanoSwitch will toggle the WallSwipe display (blue/red)

Using HS4, I set the above six parameters using the screen of both the "Z-wave" and "Z-Wave UI" buttons for the Root device. btw the Nano Switch was connected to the WallSwipe when I added the devices to z-wave, and it created only 1 group of devices. My z-wave version is 3.0.7.0. I tried updating the firmware from 2.0 to 2.00, but it stopped slightly before reaching the end at "Count: 121480 of 121482". After experiencing the above issues, I removed the devices from z-wave, and re-added using "Add Unsecure". Same result
    1. How do I know if the parameter settings worked?
    2. Any other ideas?
    Thank you,

Comment

I have those exact issues
      1. U​​​​pdate stops at last block, never finishes
      2. manual change to dimmer not reported
      to homeseer. Setting 80 to 2 or 3 helps but does not solve the issue

Comment

Working...
      X