Aeotec Wallmote swipe and virtual Z-Wave device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeotec Wallmote swipe and virtual Z-Wave device

New to Z-Wave and Homeseer, doing lots of reading, learning and testing. Looking out to those of you with more experience if the following is possible or how to achieve...

I have configured a Wallmote Quad and can received events for pressed once, held, and released for any of the four buttons, but not swipe up and down. I have associated the Wallmote to an Aeotec Z-Wave bulb and the swipe up/down on the Wallmote correctly dims the bulb, hence assume Homeseer / Z-Wave plugin just can't receive the relevant data for the swipe gesture.

The Wallmote is associated with the bulb and I can receive the dim level from the bulb, so I'm wondering if it's possible to configure a virtual z-wave device that mimics a dimmable (multilevel?) bulb where I can associate the Wallmote with this virtual z-wave device and I can therefore use the value of this "fake" (virtual) device to set the dim level of other devices?

My goal is to use the Wallmote on non z-wave dimmable downlights and would love to get the swipe function of the Wallmote working.

Thanks.

Did you adjust parameter #4 to value '3'?

You might also need to configure association groups 3, 5, 7, and 9. But you appear to be using those to directly link to certain light bulbs. Instead you can send them to HomeSeer and then have HomeSeer control the bulbs, and those other devices you wish to control.

This is all stated clearly in the Aeotec manual. Just make sure the device is in `awake` mode when you adjust the Z-Wave parameters. Hold down the action button for 3-seconds, wait for orange LED feedback along with buzzer chirp, and then let go of button; it will stay awake for 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post
      Did you adjust parameter #4 to value '3'?
      I have tried changing parameter #4 to 3 but doesn't appear to have any influence whatsoever, anywhere. The messages coming back seem to be exactly the same irrespective of this parameter. I even tried changing to 0 (which I believe = Send Nothing according to https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/15...ring_Sheet.pdf) but still, messages come through exactly the same.

You might also need to configure association groups 3, 5, 7, and 9. But you appear to be using those to directly link to certain light bulbs. Instead you can send them to HomeSeer and then have HomeSeer control the bulbs, and those other devices you wish to control.
      Yes, I would like Homeseer to control the bulbs - I in fact need to have Homeseer control Zigbee or WiFi downlights because I can't find z-wave based downlights in Australia for a direct association.

Those groups you note are configured and I have tried both the default associations as created by the plug-in when the Wallmote is added, and copious time trying various combinations by deleting / changing endpoints on the various groups, but nothing seems to work for Homeseer to recognise the swipe up/down. (ps. been doing lots of reading trying to find out what an endpoint really is, still have a lack of understanding, hence tried numerous combinations).

Here are my current associations back to plug-in added defaults, but I added the z-wave bulb to group 9 and therefore finding button 4 (group 9) is the only time the slide works (and I can read the dim value off the light itself).
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	66.5 KB ID:	1332335

Side note: With these associations, strangely it's only Switch 2 that correctly recognises the "Switch" state... here is a screenshot with ALL 4 Wallmote buttons on. Only the Multilevel rows are "on", but one would expect Group 2 to trigger Switch 1 and Group 3 to trigger Switch Multilevel 1. You'll also note there is never a date stamp on Switches 1, 3, and 4 because they are never triggered. For this reason I'm wondering if the plug-in is working as expected with the Wallmote.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	94.2 KB ID:	1332336

Central Scene is the item that always seems to accurately provide the events for Pressed, Held, and Released commands, Switch Multilevel will tell me On and Off (ie. can't rely on the Switch rows alone, happy to delete these from the list), but I just can't seem to ever receive anything for the swipe.

This is all stated clearly in the Aeotec manual. Just make sure the device is in `awake` mode when you adjust the Z-Wave parameters. Hold down the action button for 3-seconds, wait for orange LED feedback along with buzzer chirp, and then let go of button; it will stay awake for 10 minutes.
      Thank you, really appreciate you taking the time to make sure this newbie has the most information he can... During my testing I've actually been keeping the device attached to power so it's constantly awake.

My dilemma is here in Australia, we don't have much choice for AU standard size z-wave (nor zigbee) wall switches and coming off a C-Bus system where I don't have the standard electrical wiring from wall switches to light, these remotes are my best alternative to of wall switch without rewiring my home direct to switches.

Would really appreciate further insight, in particular if I'm doing something wrong or the plug-in can be reviewed for correctly working with the Wallmote, as this swipe feature is really makes the Wallmote stand out.

Comment

Majority of my devices are Aeotec (formerly Aeon Labs) based, but haven't had pleasure of Wallmote Quad (yet).

They seem like interesting ones though, and will be much easier to assist you with access to one, as I'll probably want similar functionality.

Difference between US or EU models for Z-Wave shouldn't matter for functionality as that's just based on different frequency of the radio as far as I'm aware. Same reason WiFi is the same, but EU allows channels 12 through 14 as additional frequencies are available that the FCC in the US didn't allow.

Hopefully someone else with hands-on experience will join this thread to offer you guidance, because I'm running out of ideas.
        1. Verify you're on latest Aeotec firmware
        2. Try excluding device, do a factory reset, and include just the device into HomeSeer and not associate it with lights
        3. Reach out to Aeotec and HomeSeer support

Comment

Working...
        X