Schlage Lock "locking" up my Z-Wave network for 10 minutes at a time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage Lock "locking" up my Z-Wave network for 10 minutes at a time

I have one of four Schlage locks that for some reason is dropping from my network intermittently. The problem is that if I so much as try to Test Connectivity from the Z-Wave page or run an event with a Lock or Unlock command, the system becomes *COMPLETELY* unresponsive to all subsequent Z-wave commands for between 5-10 minutes.

In the logs, for example, if I try to turn on or off a Z-wave light while in this unresponsive period, I get an error specific to the device I'm trying to control:
    Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Downstairs Mud Room Lights
    Clearly, though, all these commands stay in some kind of queue, because after the period is over, all the lights do what they were commanded to do in successive order.

I'm surprise that one hung Z-wave device should lock up an entire Z-wave network. What could be causing this?

I've got a network of three Z-net's all on the same Home ID with one acting as the SIS and the others as Inclusion Controllers.

Thanks for any troubleshooting insights,

Paul

Have you tried fresh batteries in the Schlage locks? My schlage locks are terrible at battery life reporting and can often report 60% or more battery life when, in fact, they are near death.

Unless these are fairly new, they will be of the older (non-Plus) version of Z-Wave in which each device is more dependent on the controller to update its routing tables, rather than having independent ability to do so. So you may need to update network routing - Try running "Optimize A Network, No return Routing Changes" followed by a "Fully Optimize a Network" command from the Z-Wave plugin page on your controller.

Comment

Working...
    X